taking 25% water out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovefishies

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok i have a gravel cleaner will it just clean the gravel or can i take water out to i need to take the water out of the tank

I usually use my syphon to clean the gravel and take all the water from the bottom of the tank. Usually when you gravel vac some of it gets stirred up into the lower part of the water as well. So i use it for my water changes.

lovefishies said:
ok i have a gravel cleaner will it just clean the gravel or can i take water out to i need to take the water out of the tank

what kind of gravel cleaner?

most gravel cleaners work on the premise of "vacuuming (sp?)" up the dirt which also takes out water.

A gravel cleaner takes water out too, it is the best way to get dirt from the bottom, but if you have live plants in the tank be carefull not to take out too much of the dirt (fishwaste) as it feeds the plants and keeps them healthy.

Most gravel cleaners will take out water, but you have to attach some tubing. I have a battery powered gravel cleaner that I use only for vac'ing up the nasties in between water changes (I have a BN). I use a python for water changes.

I know with my gravel cleaner you can take water out somehow. I know you have to attach the tubing but I'm not sure exactly how it works.

If you have one of the battery powered ones, I'd just go to your LFS or Walmart and get a syphon....unless you can figure out how to use it as a syphon.

Back
Top Bottom