Tall, Thin Plant Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SwampeastMike

Aquarium Advice Activist
In need of a long (18", 45cm) narrow (3/4", 2 cm) leaved plant for a corner of a 180-gallon. High or moderate light, moderately planted, no CO2, ph 7.1, kh 3, gh 5.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

re: Bacopa caroliniana

I read "low light". Is it OK with moderate to high lighting? It will be just in front of a highly active, brightly illuminated bubble wall so it gets lots of light. Do like that it is slow growing but perhaps high lighting changes that ;)

From a bit of internet research, you might find the leaves can be a red colour rather than green in high lighting.

Found and ordered some. Thanks! Really like that you can plant individual stems as I'm cultivating new plants in permanent containers to place in their final home once nicely established.

When mine get to the top and start to snake across the surface, i cut them down and you can plant the offcuts to cultivate new plants. And usually where you cut, 2 stems grow out from the cut.

Bacopa Carolina is an excellent suggestion. A lot of steam plants will branch but this one likes to stay narrow and tall.

Bacopa Carolina is an excellent suggestion. A lot of steam plants will branch but this one likes to stay narrow and tall.

Yes, that's exactly what I wanted. This will go in a rear corner of a 180-gallon. These will be underneath the circulator so there's little current and a cluster of these planted individually should sway beautifully.

The pinkish color at the tips when under higher lighting will also work well as I have some other plants with that hue at the opposite corner of this decorating zone of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom