Tangs in a 125g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just may have hit paydirt on CL. I found a five foot 125g tank and stand that I'm interested in for $100.

Is five feet good enough for yellow tangs? I know it's best to have the 6ft of swim space but was wondering if this will work.

Tang Police help me out! What should I do?

I dont know anything about tangs, but man thats a good price

This has to be my last tank so I gotta know for sure on it. i just had the "no more tanks" comversation with the b/f LOL

I think you`ll be OK with a yellow tang. I`m pretty sure you would be OK with a yellow eyed Kole tang also with the yellow tang.

I've also seen them in a four footer but I know thats not right. I'm just worrying I guess. I don't wanna lose this deal but I only want it if i can have my tangs. lol

i'm buying a 125G tomorrow from a guy off craigslist for 200 with stand so your deal for 100 is a super deal maybe i can get him down to 150 lol

ps.... if this is going to be your last tank, why not just go for the gusto and get a 225+????

i thought about that but a tank that size would be WAY too much to build the 180 i had i sunk almost 8000 into it

theres alot of DIY stuff you can do for that. you can build a DIY skimmer out of a 5 gallon water jug. since a skimmer is mainly the pump and the contact time for the bubbles. the jug is plenty big and has a smooth funnaled end for the bubles to enter the cup smoothly. that alone will save you a few hundred bucks.
buy a used tank and stand or diy your stand. another huge sum.

use dry rock or DIY rock and seed it with 30lbs of live. prob $50 bucks total for 200 pounds of diy rock

if you go with T5 lighting you can DIY those

newreefaddict said:
ps.... if this is going to be your last tank, why not just go for the gusto and get a 225+????

Lol kinda what I was thinking. I can go six feet long and two feet wide. The depth is where I have issues I have little t rex arms hehe

Nope. I have restrained myself for once. I think I will wait for the 6 foot tank. I wanted at least 2 tangs so I'll need the swim room. Plus it's crazy expensive and hard to find lighting for a five footer. And I couldnt run a sump wiht the included stand, no door access....weird lol

Well, if you want a 6ft tank then good to stick with the plan.. That is weird, no doors on the stand?? Never thought of the lighting, would probably have to do a MH setup for that eh..

Shane.

amdninjaboy said:
Well, if you want a 6ft tank then good to stick with the plan.. That is weird, no doors on the stand?? Never thought of the lighting, would probably have to do a MH setup for that eh..

Shane.

The stand was a hideous wood color too. Just don't trust it to hold all that weight as well since it looks homemade lol. Tank looked brand new tho and was black. I just gotta keep looking I guess. I just get so excited for a good deal

Shane.

for the 60" tanks or 72" wither way you could always use a 24" and 36" T5 fixtures or go with a 60" T5 fixture. i believe that make a 5' bulb

carey you should get a standard 180 72x24x24 not to tall and a wicked aquascape, its basicaly the same as a 125 only you have 2 extra inches on top and an extra 6 inches to the back

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom