tank divider

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used eggcrate from the hardware store. It's a plastic grid with openings about 1/2 a inch square this keeps my large fish apart but lets the small fish swim through. or go to the pet store and get one.

Can anyone recommend a really good tank divider? Besides cutting and drilling a piece of acrylic?

Are you separating Bettas or for another reason? The tank divider depends a little on the reason for it. What size tank? Is the tank already set up? There are dividers sold at the stores & online, I've heard mixed reviews about them. There are DIY dividers that require silicone, report folder spines & a mesh fabric. A little more info. will help advise you better.

If your fish are smaller (betta size), the DIY divider using report spines and plastic canvas works okay, but doesn't silicone well and you may still need to enlarge some of the holes for better water flow. I ended up burying the bottom in sand and using a large ornament on either side, and now it stays where I want it.

I got the one from petsmart for my 20g that separates my two male bettas. It was easy to use and is very sturdy!!

I got the one from petsmart for my 20g that separates my two male bettas. It was easy to use and is very sturdy!!

I saw one at Petsmart last night. It looked like a plastic/fabric mesh that is held on the edges by some type of long plastic clamps. It looks like it would be difficult to get it set just right and I don't know how well it will hold up. Funny thing the lady that works there said that they tried it and it didn't stay put very well. It kept falling over. I don't know if this is the same type that you have or not. If/when I need ti put a divider in my tank I'll prolly make one out of an acrylic sheet from the hardware store and hold it in with a couple of small suction cups on some kind of bracketry. So there's my two cents:)

Back
Top Bottom