Tank Evaluation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have been lurking around in the depths of the forum since about July first when I sit up the tank. Been having issues joining the community since Yahoo, does not like the site...

Well I was wanting some feed back regarding where I am and where I need to go.

35 gallon hex
HOB
5 inch airstone
Plenty of rocks and heavly planted with fake plastic plants.

The tank has been running since July first and is cycled and currently has:
3 Female Mollys
5 neon tetras
1 albino cory cat

What are your recommendations to complete this tank?

Peace

:smilecolros: Welcome to AA, 919! :n00b:
Been having issues joining the community since Yahoo, does not like the site...
:(
Certainly more cory cats. What are you hoping to achieve with this tank? Is there a certain "center piece" fish you have your eye on? Your stocking numbers are very conservative and you can add some other fish--not as much as you would be able to in a plain 35 gal tank, but more fish will fit. You need to be aware that the surface area and swimming room on hex tanks will limit your choices, but there's plenty of options, we just need more input from you regarding the types of fish you are interested in.

first off. WELCOME TO AA!!! :wave:

well, I would go with some east to take care of fish seeing as how this is your first tank. I really like platies, I would get a few of them for sure. There are alot of possibilities. Do some searches on what you like, and choose pretty much, www.aquahobby.com is a good site with stuff about fish, so is www.centralpets.com and www.fishprofiles.com, good luck

Apocalypse_Gold said:
Your cory is very lonely, and would appreciate 3-4 friends.

3 to 4 corys really that many? I have a limited amount of bottom area.

Cory cats are great, and do like to hang out. A group of five would be nice. I would avoid any temptation to add any male molly or swordtail to the tank, unless you have a way to deal with all the offspring (That being said I hardly ever saw my platy babies, I think they usually got eaten up before I found them, but with guppies I was in over my head!) I don't know much about mollies but since they are a livebearer I can imagine the possibilites. I would keep one sex only.

Take a look at the sites Menagerie suggested, and let us know your favorites!

I recently bought 3 more tetras, and a jaguar cory cat.

What should I buy now.

Peace in the middle east.

a couple of angel fish would be nice center piece fish, although once they are big enough they will eat your neons. i love my angels. you could go with a couple angels and some cherry barbs and the corries for the bottom. i think that would look nice.

Back
Top Bottom