Tank Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

browneyes1182

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 36 gallon freshwater tank that consist of mostly tetra's, Molly's and platy's. I have three different types of Cory catfish too. Yesterday night I noticed my albino Cory catfish acting stuck near my tank's Aqueon water heater. Then this morning I noticed, a green like crystal growth at the bottom rim of the heater and noticed a dark brown/green mess of the same type. I'm new to aquariums and I have no idea what this is or how to treat/fix it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 75
Well, the green stuff is ok, looks to be algae. The white crusty looking stuff I'm not too sure, does your heater have any water inside of the glass, water beads, condensation etc?

There's no water inside the actual heater, it's caked on and it was hard to get off. It's white. Maybe a mix of algae, leftover fish food and waste?? Where it's located in my tank it gets at least a good hour or two direct sunlight through the hexagon top mid day (noticed today since I wasn't working). Is that what causes algae?

My guess would be calcium buildup.

Sent from my XT1049 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom