Tank Idea!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wolfhackerxr98

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Okay so i want a new fish tank it would be a 10 gallon here is what it would have. 3 Lemon Tetra 3 Bloodfin tetra 3 Cory catfish 1 Dwarf Gourami. Would this work i would change the water 35% once a week. The water in it is good and i would feed the fish New life spectrum Community fish food i have a heater and filter and plants and gravel and everything is good. :angel:

Tank Idea!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got 10 fish in a 29 just about stocked now. 1 dwarf gourami. 1 GBR. 5 head and taillight tetras and 3 Buenos Ares tetras. Seems like would be crowded in a 10 gal.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wolfhacker

The tetras need schools of at least 6. Same with the catfish. A 10gal is too small

Tank Idea!!!!!!!!!!!

Stick with Nano species and they'll do better.
These Nano species all stay 1" or less.

Look at Celestial Pearl Danios. I had 7 in my 10g.

I had Corydoras habrosus.

I had Red Cherry Shrimp (RCS)

10g tanks are actually tricky to stock.

Dwarf Rasbora species are also good.
Or Ember Tetras.

But you'd have 1 group and then Shrimp or Cories as additional.

A mishmash of fish is often stressed out, may get nippy or die young.
I know some stores say groups of 3 are ok. But most breeders and experts agree that social species seem more stable in larger groups of 6 or more.

I stock 6 of one schooling species then build around that.

Or do a Shrimp tank. But they prefer live plants.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1457024073.247036.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1457024111.018821.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1457024156.908465.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1457024245.754244.jpg

These are old pics of my first planted 10g tank. Started as Shrimp only with black sand, lots of plants and DIY Root Tabs every 3 months plus API LeafZone weekly after PWCs. Cycled with plants and snails. Added Otos and RCS after cycling.

Lemon Tetras and your other species all need groups and need more space than a 10g. IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Okay so i want a new fish tank it would be a 10 gallon here is what it would have. 3 Lemon Tetra 3 Bloodfin tetra 3 Cory catfish 1 Dwarf Gourami. Would this work i would change the water 35% once a week. The water in it is good and i would feed the fish New life spectrum Community fish food i have a heater and filter and plants and gravel and everything is good. :angel:

Why only one gourami? Fish do much better in pairs or groups. I'd suggest 6 tetras of one kind and 6 corys only

Why only one gourami? Fish do much better in pairs or groups. I'd suggest 6 tetras of one kind and 6 corys only

Gouramis are territorial. They are related to Bettas. Dwarf Gouramis are all males unless you special order a female.

The only Gouramis I recommend for a 10g are a bit more advanced.
Licorice Gourami or
Sparkling Gourami

They stay small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gouramis are territorial. They are related to Bettas. Dwarf Gouramis are all males unless you special order a female.

The only Gouramis I recommend for a 10g are a bit more advanced.
Licorice Gourami or
Sparkling Gourami

They stay small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dwarf Gouramis are only distantly related to bettas and they get along with each other just fine if given enough room. I don't know about special orders for females as I haven't shopped for any lately.

Dwarf Gouramis are only distantly related to bettas and they get along with each other just fine if given enough room. I don't know about special orders for females as I haven't shopped for any lately.

A 10g is definitely not enough room for 2 DGs. Even a mated pair needs some space or the male may harass the female. I do know here in California I've only seen a female DG in one store. Most don't stock them and for the OP's tank only one would fit anyway.

Back
Top Bottom