Tank invaders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Snails

I had the same problem with snails I went to my local LFS and I notice they didn't have any snails in their tanks I asked her why she didn't, she said she used YOYO Loaches in her tanks. I have a 29 gal. W/platy's in it and 15 pond snail that I could see. Comparing assassin snails to YOYO the assassin snails got rid of one pond snail every day and 1/2to 2 days the yoyo will clean a tank of snails over night I put 3 x 1 1/2 inch yoyo in my tank and I couldn't find a snail the next evening my understanding that the yoyo will only get to 5 inches when they outgrow my 29 I'll move them to one of my 55s and then I might put a assassin snail in my 29 for maintance.

I had the same problem with snails I went to my local LFS and I notice they didn't have any snails in their tanks I asked her why she didn't, she said she used YOYO Loaches in her tanks. I have a 29 gal. W/platy's in it and 15 pond snail that I could see. Comparing assassin snails to YOYO the assassin snails got rid of one pond snail every day and 1/2to 2 days the yoyo will clean a tank of snails over night I put 3 x 1 1/2 inch yoyo in my tank and I couldn't find a snail the next evening my understanding that the yoyo will only get to 5 inches when they outgrow my 29 I'll move them to one of my 55s and then I might put a assassin snail in my 29 for maintance.

Yoyo loaches are a good choice for removing snails. I just think that assassins will do the job and are a hassle free solution. And one that will work under the radar.

Yoyo loaches are a good choice for removing snails. I just think that assassins will do the job and are a hassle free solution. And one that will work under the radar.

I definitely agree here! My advice on yoyo's was more as an alternative to the larger clown loaches. Assassins are the better choice here as they will be sustained by the infestation for much longer, and not need to be re-homed after the work is done... A quick soloution can very easily become a future problem!

The assassins aren't dealing with my rogue snail problem. I was thinking about getting some loaches, the problem now is I don't want my assassins to get harmed. Stupid question I know but would all loaches go for my assasins?

Back
Top Bottom