Tank mates to go with Celestial Pearl Danios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

venymae

Aquarium Advice Addict
I prefer keeping nano fish with other nano fish. I have a 55g and 24g that house only nano fish. I have CPD's with Chile and Neon Rasbora's, Ember Tetra's, Spotted Blue Eye's, Burmese Rosy Loaches, Multi Striped Pygmy Loaches, Aspidoras (in the cory family), Scarlet Badis, and Dwarf Anchor cats. Also small shimp can be housed with them.

I have 15 in the 55 and they school with the 30 neon rasbora's (blue variant). I think since I have a lot of other very tiny nano fish they feel totally secure.

I was looking into getting a school of Celestial pearl danio for my 29 gallon, they look so pretty in the pictures! :yum: Has anyone had these before, and if so what was your experience. Also what do you think would look good with them? I am wanting to do a peaceful community tank, planted, with several schools that blend well together (visually bled, not schooling wise) Thanks!!

http://www.seriouslyfish.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Danio-margaritatus-displaying-males-1.jpg

I am planning on keeping these will emperor tetras.

I am planning on keeping these will emperor tetras.

Just FYI, the emperor tetras I had bullied all the fish in my tank, even my cories hid from them. The neon tetras I had even seemed nervous with them. Not sure they would do well with CPDs.

Just FYI, the emperor tetras I had bullied all the fish in my tank, even my cories hid from them. The neon tetras I had even seemed nervous with them. Not sure they would do well with CPDs.

Uh oh! That is good to know. I will look for a suitable replacement!

I have mine with 3 cherry barbs, 3 neons, peppered cory, 2 african dwarf frogs and cherry schrimp. Never been bothered by any of the fish, and they swim all over the tank constantly. Never had the issues others have had with them hiding. They are pretty aggressive at feeding time too. Never miss a meal.

I've had mine with ember tetras......two large schools of each look stunning in a tank. I've had Corys with them too. Since CPDs are timid, you want to keep them in large numbers AND not put them with other fish that are too boisterous.

I've kept Emperor tetra's in the past and they get pretty good size plus tend to be aggressive. If your set on Emperor's then look into getting the smaller less aggressive Kerri tetra's, Inpaichthys kerri.

If you want colorful then Ember tetra males (a smaller verison of guppies) would work well also.

Back
Top Bottom