Tank not sitting level...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccross

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I noticed that my wifes 25G tank was slightly un-level today. It seems to be because my floors are slightly un-level by the walls. I used a level to check and its leaning to one side by about 1/8in if that makes any sense. My question is, is this going to cause any issues? Its hardly noticeable unless you REALLY look at the water line at the top of the tank. I just dont want the tank to suddenly give out due to a slight bit more water pressure on one side.

From experience it shouldn't give out but you could end up with leaks it happened to my10 gallon after a year and a half

From experience it shouldn't give out but you could end up with leaks it happened to my10 gallon after a year and a half

Do you know how uneven yours was?
This is such an miniscule difference that I didnt even notice it at first.

Here's a shot of the level on the tank..

img_1775050_0_e19628e58b7b7c864a63999afd65361c.jpg

1/8" is a fair amount off IMO lol.

If you are worried you could always try shims to raise the tank, I would raise the stand itself and not the tank just to prevent stress on the glass joints.

1/8" is a fair amount off IMO lol.

If you are worried you could always try shims to raise the tank, I would raise the stand itself and not the tank just to prevent stress on the glass joints.

I was thinking of trying to shim the stand legs but I dont want to take any chances of throwing the stability off anywhere else.

So 1/8" is enough to be concerned?

ccross said:
I was thinking of trying to shim the stand legs but I dont want to take any chances of throwing the stability off anywhere else.

So 1/8" is enough to be concerned?

I'm not sure, I'm a perfectionist so I'd always have my levelled but if it hasn't caused any issues I'd say if it ain't broke lol.

I'm not sure, I'm a perfectionist so I'd always have my levelled but if it hasn't caused any issues I'd say if it ain't broke lol.

Well thats the thing. It has only been set up and filled for 1 day. I havent even started to cycle it yet. Just sitting there with the filter running :)

Empty it and shim that bad boy lol!! :)

Just talked it over with the wife. I am emptying and moving it to another place that is more level. **** saggy floored 2nd story apartments :)

Lol!!

Glad the wife's agreeing to the move lol...

Well, thats because its her tank. And I made it clear that if it broke and took out my gaming pc that sits next to it, that she was responsible :)

Oooo I would hate to lose a gaming rig! Mine used to be a money pit lol :)

Yep. HAve to upgrade every other week to keep up with things. Between the gaming rig and my aquariums, I'm lucky I can afford to eat, lol.

Try making that TWO gaming machines, a tank, AND a home brewing setup! Hey at least we have something to drink! :)

Back
Top Bottom