Tank Overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@fiddlercrab - Are shiners cold water fish?
@OP - Can't think of anyone (LFS, fish club) that would take in a sick fish.

If you're in the US try craigslist, tell them the truth about them and give them away for free, hopefully someone takes pity and needs free fish, or see if someone you know has a pond. You can mix goldfish with certain 'tropical' fish as long as they can overlap in temp. Certain plecos, cories and others can go into a 'subtropical' setup but that's still usually towards the higher end for goldfish. When I did it I kept the tank room temp.

Anyways, I agree about finding oyt what kind of pleco too, because honestly if it's a common or similar I'd say rehome it too and focus on your other fish. That isn't a huge tank and it's easy to over stock :/

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Good idea on the Craigslist thing... That's probably what I'm going to do anyway. I feel like euthanizing them would be unfair if they are able to get back to full health.

Yes, I have a common Pleco and he definitely needs a bigger tank. He has actually stopped growing because this tank is too small, and he's at 5 inches now. I will only have time to set up my planted tank next summer...

Back
Top Bottom