Tank Population

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It depends on filtration, the kinds of fish, and the decorations (hidey holes)

All depends on size of the fish. Rule of thumb is 1 inch per gallon with smaller fish. However if you had a 20" fish, obviously 20 gallons is not enough. What kind of fish are you planning on adding?

All depends on size of the fish. Rule of thumb is 1 inch per gallon with smaller fish. However if you had a 20" fish, obviously 20 gallons is not enough. What kind of fish are you planning on adding?

That rule only applies to fish that stay at right around 1". It is outdated and not to be used.

I have 3 baby oscars and 2 parrots til i get my 55 gallon in the beginning of october i started a little hasty

I would consider rehoming those fish....especially if they are only in a 20 gallon. Oscars can grow a good inch per month, and require HUGE tanks. You could keep 1 oscar in a 55, but not 3.
I would take all 3 of the oscars back and get those parrots into a 55 as soon as possible. You could probably add a few more smaller cichlids to a 55 with 2 parrots, but thats about it.

Back
Top Bottom