Tank Progression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sk3lly

Aquarium Advice Addict
Im going to use this thread to document my tanks progression. Will post a progress photo every 2 weeks. These are my first two photos ....
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395063297.945087.jpg

Thanks. Ive switched to dry ferts the last 4 days and can already see a massive difference in plant coloration and growth

You already have a nice carpet of dhg! The color of the telanthera looks great, nice color. Yes I know that stuff has other names but that's the only one I can spell!

Yea the DHG has been in a few months. Only started the photos like a month ago. Im going to cut the alternanthera right back after the next photo in a few days time. Let it grow all new growth with the dry ferts. The sag platy will be getting ripped up as it simply sends out too many runners across the tank and im losing the battle. Will replant with downoi

March 23rd
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395590010.738044.jpg
AR mini will be having a trim soon and shoots to be grown out for sending to another AA member. Alternanthera cardinalis to be cut right back to allow all new growth to come through
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395590214.216813.jpg
My pogostemon erectus is beginning to grow taller. Planted pogostemon helfuri in place of the over invading sag platy. Also my glosso shoots are looking nice.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395590300.537236.jpg
This is my new echinodorus versuvius. Still recovering from lack of light whilst shipping. Should bounce back nicely
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395590384.073687.jpg
This is my lovely lady German Blue Ram. I drove a 60miles round trip to collect her and a male Ram. They were slowly drip acclimated last night for 2 and a half hours. Looking much happier today.
Next update in two weeks

I have never done a planted tank but you definitely make a guy want to try it. That looks amazing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom