tank re-do plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supermarvin76

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am not very happy at all with the current state of my tank. Here is what I plan to do, and would like to know your advice/tips:

-buy 30 lbs at once of tonga live rock

-take out all of my current rock in the tank (I have about 15lbs of live rock with a bunch of base rock) scrub the live rock to get rid of the cynobacteria then place all the live rock back in the tank. let this sit for about a month with out adding any more live stock. I would like to buy more live rock at once but $$$ restricts. I will most likely add an additional 20 lbs slowly to come out around 50-60 lbs in the display.

-make a 3-4" DSB in my refugium (I currently only have about 2")

-add more live rock to my refug

-after I add the 30 lbs of LR let it sit for about a week, then remove the remainder of my bioballs....will this be ok to do?

-build a custom low profile canopy with 2 fans, 1 blowing, and 1 sucking. This will house 2 65w actinic power compacts, and 2 65w 10k power compacts for a total of 260 watts which comes to 5.2 watts per gallon

-get a magnum micron filter to run for about an hour or so a week to keep the water super clear.

Any other ideas, or tips would be great!!!!!!
Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom