tank says only good for fW ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Criptix

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am looking at tanks online and found my ideal set up an aquarium with stand for 199.99;however, in the description it says its ideal for fw with no mention of sw is this still okay or do I need to keep looking?:fish1:

What kind of SW tank are you looking to setup? Do you have a link to this particular setup so we can take a look? Generally the only difference is whether or not a tank is pre drilled with an overflow installed - which is only good if you want to run a sump.

Don't plan on sump.Just a filter/or powerhead/filter in one and heater.Here is a picture:

Attachments

• ideal tank.jpg
    ideal tank.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Flurval underwater filter.jpg
    Flurval underwater filter.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Odessa ex250 Aquarium powerhead filter.jpg
    Odessa ex250 Aquarium powerhead filter.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 140
I think a koralia evolution pump and an aquaclear filter would be better filtration, but that is okay...not the best if you want to keep corals though.

Thanks for the advice.Does Aqua Clear have internal filters, like the ones I posted?

No they don't, I haven't seen anyone on youtube or on here or anywhere else (so far) that uses internal filters..they are usually for FW. If you want internal filtration and don't mind doing a DIY project you could silicon a back wall and add section (like the biocube). Is there a reason why you want the internal filter opposed to an external one?

I live in an apartment and my husband and I don't want a mess or to much noise.My selections are limited to Petsmart which caters to fw and a small local saltwater fish store.I am concerned about shipping to much equipment because we live out in the middle of nowheresville. I have considered fw but they aren't as pretty or vibrate.That being said,I want to do what's best for the fish and I want to be able to enjoy the fish for a long time.

Criptix said:
I live in an apartment and my husband and I don't want a mess or to much noise.My selections are limited to Petsmart which caters to fw and a small local saltwater fish store.I am concerned about shipping to much equipment because we live out in the middle of nowheresville. I have considered fw but they aren't as pretty or vibrate.That being said,I want to do what's best for the fish and I want to be able to enjoy the fish for a long time.

Look into Fluval's external canister filters. I bought mine at petsmart and they are unbelievably silent! And it works extremely well.

I wouldn't worry much about shipping - A lot of folks build entire tank setups via shipped items (I have a few times myself).

I agree, if quiet is a factor, look into canister filters. You can not even tell they are running unless you touch them. They are silent. Especially the eheims and fluvals.

Thanks for the advice!I will look into canister filters.What are your opinions on the tank I posted?Will it work with a canister filter if I decide to go that route?
Also what should the output be be for a 36 gal tank?for my 25 gal it was 145.
One more question,will I need a powerhead?

Attachments

• fluval 206 external filter.jpg
    fluval 206 external filter.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 51
Get a Fluval rated for twice the size of your tank. I use the 406, and its great! Very quiet, easy to clean.

I agree. And it ought to work just fine on your tank.

If you don't intend to keep coral, you probably will not need a power head. You can control the output style and direction of that canister.

Once you get the tank setup, if you notice a lot of debris collecting in 1 area of the tank, you may need to get a powerhead. But you could try it out without and see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom