Tank Stocking List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jazztalker

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok, I have a 75 gallon tank with some live rock in it. I also have 2 damsels in it (that if they play well with others I'll keep, otherwise I'll take them out). Here is a list of fish I am looking at getting over time. Please let me know what you think!

Yellow Tang
Kole or Convict Tang
Copperband Butterfly
Spotted Cardinal
Royal Gramma
Black Bar and/or Blue-Green Chromis (school of 4 or 5 - can I mix?)
Ocellaris Clown (maybe 2?)
Flame Angelfish

then some kind of mix of blennies, shrimp, snails?

I think that might be a few too many fish, but I'm not sure. Would this be too many? Would this group all get along? Any certain order I should add them? Thanks for all the advice in advance!!!

Hello,
How much LR?
IMO, I would forget about Tangs. Some disagree but I believe a 75 is just too small for a full grown tang. They require a lot of swimming room.
Also the Copperband is a very difficult fish and not a fish one should start a new system with.
Inverts would be fine with the fish you list, also a Blenny would be great!! :)
Your list looks super otherwise. :D

Thanks! Yeah, I was planning on putting the Copperband and the Flame (if I get it) in last, after the tank has been going for awhile. Right now, I have 50lbs of live rock, but I might add some more as I start to add fish. I would love to at least add a yellow tang, I just love how they look. Thanks for the feedback!

Would definately consider doubling the LR, would notice many additional benefits.
Don't forget the qt, many of us have learned the hard way. :wink:

Had to edit my post. Need to stick to my principles.
Here is why...
A 75 is a decent size tank. But I have seen Tangs both in systems and in the wild ( I have yellow myself).
My belief is that this is a hyperactive fish that need a lot of swimming room. When they are tiny, it does not seem like an issue, but as they grow the need for a larger system becomes apparent. This is a potential long living fish and an optimal environment should be set up for them.
I also see them as pets and not as ornaments and also believe that we should allow them the best chance at a full life as long as we are bringing them into our homes.
Rant over. I know there are many that disagree, I just wish these folks could see them in the wild. Might make them think twice. :wink:
There are many more options for you and I think that your initial list is a decent one otherwise.

yeah i would wait on the copperband...they arent easy to deal with trust me...they are beautiful but for now i would wait on that...my roomate has a school of 5 bluegreen chromis they are so awesome to watch i would recoomend those..you ever heard of a sixline wrasse they are cool too...

Back
Top Bottom