tank stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wherearepeople

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey guys Ive started stocking my 90 up for the long run do you guys see anything wrong with this list, too much maybe?

I currently have:
yellow tang
yellow watchman goby
scooter blenny
(4) banggai cardinals

I plan on getting
mckoskers flasher wrasse
yellowfin flasher wrasse
clown fairy wrasse
blue sided fairy wrasse
a clown fish pair maybe some cool ORA hybrid
and is a dwarf angel fish a bad idea?

yellow tang might get a bit big for a 90, they're suggested to have a 6' tank. and if you want corals i would advise against the angel, angels eat coral and are very hit or miss, some people have them and they're model citizens, others are so then something turns on and they destroy a tank, others just start eating coral as soon as you add them. unless you have plenty of money i wouldnt get it.

not sure of the other wrasses( if you do coral only get reef safe ones of course) except the flasher which would be okay. the clown pair is also good, always a nice addition (i love the platinum ones lol, too bad a pair is like $400) and i hope you have plenty of rock for the scooter blenny

other than that i dont see many problems, but im not very knowledgable of many wrasses

i wouldn't put all those wrasses in a tank together. also the wrasses will compete for food with the scooter blenny, and unless that scooter is eating prepared foods, it will starve.
i would pick one wrasse at the most.

i would like to have at least two flasher wrasse's so they keep their colors and flash more frequently any other suggestions for small peacefull fish? and how many fish can i keep in my 90?

depends on what fish you are talking about. i think between the fish you have, and your list, you have too many fish. i think 6 or 7 small/medium fish would be all i would want to put in a 90.
you are not going to see a tremendous difference in color with multiple fish. it's not like they go dull being by themselves.
the flashing is caused by multiple things, courtship being one. you'll need a pair, one being the less colorful female.
if you are really interested in color, you should get a mated pair of flame wrasses, and remove the scooter.

firefish gobies are bright, small, and very peaceful. if you can get a pair then there you go! they are notorious jumpers so if you do make sure you have a good lid

Back
Top Bottom