Tank too tall! So frustrated!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelJones

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 38 gallon bow front that I'm just beginning to set up. I'm embarrassed to say this, and I'm not sure if anyone else has this issue, but I have short arms and a tall tank. I cannot reach the bottom of this thing with my tiny T-Rex arms!!!! Even if I stand on a stepstool, I can't reach the bottom...thank goodness my husband offered to plant the tank and hide the airlines. But how am I going to maintain the tank by myself? Do they make special tools to reach the bottom and to prune the plants? Help...and it's ok to laugh...I did.

Also have this problem, had a 75g that would have me wet up to the armpit while already standing on a kitchen chair. Get the grabber thing, makes life sooooo much easier

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Also have this problem, had a 75g that would have me wet up to the armpit while already standing on a kitchen chair. Get the grabber thing, makes life sooooo much easier

Thanks!

Same problem. I have been looking for a 75 gal for some time, while I keep finding used 90 gal tanks for great prices- same footprint but deeper. I already have a 56 column tank and don't want a deep tank again! It's hard to maintain a deep tank when you are short!

Thought about using my snorkel already lol

So, would it hurt to double up on my substrate? I have 50lbs of gravel now... could I add 50lbs more to raise the bottom a couple of inches???

So, would it hurt to double up on my substrate? I have 50lbs of gravel now... could I add 50lbs more to raise the bottom a couple of inches???
I don't see why not, as long as your tank stand can handle the extra 50 lbs. Should be okay.

I wouldn't make it deeper than 3in, otherwise you can get some nasty build up and can be harder to vacuum

Is it the MarineLand 38G Tall? Lol I have a permanent spot for a 3 stepping stool next to my tank. Same as yours. It's 24" tall and I built a 24" tall Stand for it! ? AND I'M 5'4"!
If the water level is all the way up and I need to replant a plant that's floating around I'll get my arm pit wet and have water run down my side. ?
Good luck, lol

Is it the MarineLand 38G Tall? Lol I have a permanent spot for a 3 stepping stool next to my tank. Same as yours. It's 24" tall and I built a 24" tall Stand for it! ? AND I'M 5'4"!
If the water level is all the way up and I need to replant a plant that's floating around I'll get my arm pit wet and have water run down my side. ?
Good luck, lol
Yes!!!! That's exactly what I have! Lol I have the stepstool as well.... It's still not enough. I'm 5'3" and struggling. Lol

Because that's how I felt lol

Attachments

• 1489215564816.jpg
    1489215564816.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 46
Back
Top Bottom