Tank upgrade!! 8-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Benamayer said:
Thanks Nikki! Here's a better one of my pup and tank lol... Our other dog is sleeping so isn't in the pic :cool:

Haha! He's really cute and looks comfy!!! Love animals...well, except raccoons and armadillo (I live in Texas, can you tell?)...I don't like them at all! LOL!

image-164185972.jpg

Ok... Need some help and some suggestions with scaping! This is my 55. How should I set my 75 up? Similar, different? My few ideas are:

1) to do almost a pyramid shaped pile in the middle towards the back glass to give plenty of swimming room and floor space for the bottom dwellers.

2) to do 2 piles of rocks so it almost looks like 2 mountains in there, I had that originally in my 55 but think it would look much better in a 75

3) to keep the "wall" look and do something similar just closer to the back wall and stack it a bit higher and leave it not so wide...

Any input??

Anyone? Someone's GOTTA have suggestions :cool: After all, this is an advice forum...

I'm on my phone and the profile pics won't pull up... Can u post a tank shot for me please??

img_2145381_0_51affb96cafca8e9e82da6e56d58386e.jpg

Yea that's what's up... Thanks it looks good that's kinda where im leaning towards. Do your rocks actually touch the back glass or no?

Yes, I have rocks leaning on the back glass. I dont clean the back glass, so it doesn't matter. I like the look of the coraline growing on the back. I just clean the front and sides.

Nice that's what I do, I just hear a lot of people say having the rocks touching the back glass limits a lot of flow back there, but I've seen so many successful tanks that have it touching... Have you had any issues... Dead spots, nitrates, etc??

I have no troubles with this tank at all. I do have a powerhead blowing through back there. It is mounted on the side of the tank toward the back and blows across the back glass.

That always helps, I'm going to get another Koralia evo 1400 so I'll have 4 powerheads to mess around with

Ok so my tank is currently getting the overflow holes drilled and will be finished hopefully by Sunday. The guy at the LFS said it took him 2.5 hours for 1 of the holes a couple nights ago... Yikes. Anyways the stand should hopefully be primed and painted this weekend, and I'm gonna be building my sump hopefully. Picked up a 30 gallon long for that so I'll have plenty of room for a fuge. I still hafta order a new skimmer and return pump... I'll post some pics of the drilled side when I get it stay tuned :cool:

Picked up a 30 gallon used tank from a LFS for $25, a sheet of acrylic from lowes for $10 (they will even cut it for free!) and a tube of silicone for $8... Here's the product. Not the prettiest, but have a 14" in with skimmer chamber, 16" fuge, and 5" return.

image-2537045624.jpg

The "in" side is the left side... I plan on putting a sponge in the bubble trap to the right.

The baffles are 9" tall, so I need to rest my skimmer on something to boost it up 2", any suggestions?

Lol thats funny! I was thinking about just stacking some egg crate a couple inches high?

A lot of people use eggcrate... I use a little round Tupperware container lol

Ok so we got a dinner plate a piece of Tupperware... Any other kitchen essentials work?? :cool:

Benamayer said:
Picked up a 30 gallon used tank from a LFS for $25, a sheet of acrylic from lowes for $10 (they will even cut it for free!) and a tube of silicone for $8... Here's the product. Not the prettiest, but have a 14" in with skimmer chamber, 16" fuge, and 5" return.

The "in" side is the left side... I plan on putting a sponge in the bubble trap to the right.

Have them cut it if you can. I cut my hand on some acrylic scoring it and it hurt like ****! Also, silicone will hold it but not well. I would get the glue and put it on the edges. It chemically melts it so to speak and then seal it really well with the silicone. The last thing you want to happen is you get everything up and running and your baffles fall. That would suck and you would end up having to do it over. I learned about silicone and plexiglass the hard way. Thank god it wasn't for my sump but the project I was working on took a long time. Had to start over...:(

Benamayer said:

Ok...forget what I just typed...didn't see this! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom