Taotronic LED strength...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had my tao;s over a 180g. And I agree with the above, do not chase ph or any other parameter. I ran my 125g for a few years and the ph was never above 7.9 and it did really well. Consistency is the best thing. Better than a perfect number. lol

I have 3 of the tao units on my 125. I run the whites at 25% (basically just after they click on) and blues at 50% and its more than enought to grow my sps. These things are insanely strong.

LEDs are a different animal, but any discussion that they don't grow corals well is long over IMO. Each to their own, but you couldn't get me to go back to light bulbs. Start slow and ramp up. It's far easier to recover a coral from lack of light than a bleached one.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have 3 of the tao units on my 125. I run the whites at 25% (basically just after they click on) and blues at 50% and its more than enought to grow my sps. These things are insanely strong.

+1 I believe that is the optimum setting for the taos. I bleached my sps when i set the blues at 3/4 turn just for 1 day.

I have adjusted the blues to 3 lines past the on setting and whites are on as low as possible... My duncan was still closed up tight, and has been closed for a few weeks now.

Is there a possibility that these lights may vary from unit to unit? My buddy has a pet store and runs the same fixtures over his frag tanks and much much higher settings with great results... (100% blue, 40% white)... I'm baffled.

I began 3/4 of a teaspoon of alk every other day. Duncan has opened. All my zoas/palys are happy, my euphyllia are plump, extended, and accepting food.

Probably the happiest I've ever seen my tank.

Acclimation is key IME. As stated on page 1, I run mine at around 100% blue and25% white and nothing gets bleached. I have had multiple units from different sellers, which looked slightly different (different fans, different cases, different hanging kits...even full spectrum and not...) and they all put out the same PAR, as far as my Apogee meter, and my corals say anyway.
I've noticed that anemones are the hardest to acclimate. Some taking months to adjust.

Back
Top Bottom