Teaching your fish tricks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kellylake01

Aquarium Advice Regular
well i got bored one day wile waching my fish tank, my golden wonder killi fish was jumping and bashing his head on the glass of my tank , trying to catch the fly that was waling on the OTHER side of the glass. Lo and behold i thought of a neat idea, digging trough my meal worm farm for a freshly molted worm.

Killi Killi (my gw killi fish name) and i made a trick, he jumps and eats freshly molted worms form my fingers and i prove many dog owners wrong, you can train a fish and even have the little jurk scare you while cleaning algae from the tank :cool:

so any other bored aquarium hobbyist train their fish to do something cool??

i seen a video on youtube awhile back where a woman was clicker training her Oscar lol

I've got fish to eat out of my hand before. My Bettas especially will jump right out and if I have too tight of a grip on the bloodworm, they will sometimes hang on until I let go. LOL

Some fish will feed from your hand's

They need to build up the courage and trust first though.

I did something like that with my betta I'd feed my fish and betta separately I taught it to go into it's betta cup everytime I opened the hood he'd go to the top and wait :)

My zebra danio already eats my hand... A friendly nibble though. Sadly it still scares me when im siphoning and i get an unexpected tickle on my hand...

Did you know killi killi is the filipino word for armpit? :) a guy at one of the pet stores i go to trained one of the fish in the not for sale display tank to swin through a little hoop on a stick to earn his blood worms no idea how he managed that

Back
Top Bottom