Teacups Macro Algae Flowers!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Kinda excited about this.

After melting from too much light a couple months ago, nearly cried, rampant growth and now flowers.

May 2016

60074-albums14535-picture70537.jpg

Sexy shrimp riding the back & mainly here to show off how much TC is in the front of the tank where the empty space was!

60074-albums14535-picture70534.jpg

60074-albums14535-picture70538.jpg

My Cute fish in the midst of all the little flower buds.
60074-albums14535-picture70539.jpg

Closer shot of the buds coming up through the Chaeto
60074-albums14535-picture70541.jpg

Anyone ever see this before?????

Last edited:
That is calurpae racemorsa...[ The flat grapes?]....It will not flower but grow out of control..
One of the most invasive macros going....
It took me months to eliminate in my 75 reef....
I manually removed it and shot it with H2O2 every other day...

The long leaf is Prolifera and the 'spaghetti' is chaeto...

Thanks.

Yes, I am noticing it is attractive but not really doing me any favors. Its gone melt down /sexual on my tank 2x already.

I will try not to move any of it over when I get my 12G tank up and running. Looks like I will need to amuse myself with better quality MA. Lfs has fish that eat it.

Did you have a Urchin to eat it?

if your macros are melting check your alk
I've never had luck with tea cups hermits wipe it out fast ,
I received a big order of all types of macro about 2 weeks ago I keep it growing in the sump , I take large clumps and feed my tangs best nutrition for them colors are bright I just can't believe they wiped out 2 1/2 lbs of macro in 2 weeks , I usually have time to get it to grow out before it runs out not this time dang pigs

those sexies love hanging out in macros don't be surprised if you get lots of babies

Last edited:
It was just the Teacups that melted. They like lots of light but not too much light and I don't know what that magic amount is obviously.

Might take the Teacups to the CAS mini auction, in case anyone else needs to feed their SW fish. I don't think I could wait for the bigger CAS Fall Auction it might have take over my tank completely in 2 more months! Are you going to that Seaweed?

I don't know were down to one car and my wife's mom is with us now so things are getting hard to schedule

Back
Top Bottom