Temp issue!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trueerfan

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a JBJ Nano 24 that I can't keep the temperature down in. I am not even running lights yet. The only equipment I have is a return pump and a MP10. I unplugged the return pump and the temp dropped a half of degree. I have not unplugged the MP10 to see if that is giving off the heat, it is warm to the touch. My tank is running at 83º anyone else have this issue?

Well I unplugged my MP10 and the temp went down 1/2º. I decided to run the lights to see what the max temperature would be, 84.3º. Should I add fish?

I'm just going to throw a few things out here... These digi temps gauge unless a high end one that cost in the $50-$100 & up are off. I have 3 & after checking a temp with a digi cooking probe temp I picked the one that was on the money. Buy another one if you can & check if they are the same temps.

Yo, Rare, I bought another digi temp & it's same temps now what? Well, you might have another inaccurate temp gauge. lol Okay, temps are still the same, what are the temps in your house? If it in the 80's as well? If yes, you can buy a fan that are made for an aquarium or a small fan & let it blow across the water & you should see temps fall

I checked the thermometer against my temp probe in my 75 DT. It is off but that is using the adjustment. My house is a little warm 80º ac went out last week. Waiting until spring to fix. Its a nano cube so it has a closed top. When the lights are on the fan comes on and the temp climbs a little. I've been researching and Im wondering if I can put fish in.

The 29g cube I have the front & back can be lid can be opened. Didn't know that about yours. These pics were just taking right now for this thread

These temps can be way off at times. lol
This is the 130g both probes are in the same location a few inch away from one another.
qx0l.jpg

Fan mod for now on the cube to keep temps in the nice zone.

ogn5.jpg

Temps in the cube
nzmg.jpg

As long as they are looking good...im okay with the fan mode :D

zu43.jpg

I'll have to figure something out. My lid will open in the front, or you have to open the whole top. It is in the basement, but still warm. My 75 is just fine a few feet away. I'm wondering if I put fish in will they be ok and when fall gets here the basement will get cooler and in the spring put my new central air in.

I'll have to figure something out. My lid will open in the front, or you have to open the whole top. It is in the basement, but still warm. My 75 is just fine a few feet away. I'm wondering if I put fish in will they be ok and when fall gets here the basement will get cooler and in the spring put my new central air in.

Just open the lid not the whole hood

Back
Top Bottom