Tennessee Aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCrazyFishLady

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, winter break is coming up soon and I don't have much plans other than staying with family in the mountains. My last final is the eighth and my birthday is the twelfth (the big one-nine!!).
Anywho, my uncle came up with the idea that I should go up with one of my friends to the Tennessee Aquarium, since I have been to the Georgia one five times. I got my fellow fish-loving friend to agree to go with me.
I have never been and I don't know anyone that has. So, my question is, has anyone been? Is it worth the three hour drive (rough estimate) and the amount of caffeine I will have to drink to stay awake the drive up and back to campus?
Thanks and be honest!

I'm from Chattanooga and they had just built it when I was moving away. Anyways, I like it but haven't been recently. It's not as good as Atlanta's or Montery Bay, but its a cool place.

I've been there a few times and would say that it is absolutely worth a 3 hour drive. It's not as large as GA, but it's pretty diverse. The butterfly exhibit was amazing.

Thanks guys. I realise it will be smaller than the Georgia Aquarium (isn't it supposedly the largest in the world?), but it will be something different and a fun mini-road trip for me and my friend. I will defiantly be going.

The Tennessee Aquarium has alot of freshwater stuff which I really liked. It would definitely be worth the drive. Its different from the GA Aquarium for sure, but still a good one to see.

I was born in Chattanooga and have been to the Aquarium many many times. While I lived in Chattanooga (1998-99) I was a member and was there as many as 3 times a week. I lived across the river in Redbank and loved visiting. I live in Baltimore now and the Tennessee Aquarium is modeled after the one here. It is nice and you will enjoy the visit but it is not as nice or big as others.

I recommend paying it a visit!

I was born in Chattanooga and have been to the Aquarium many many times. While I lived in Chattanooga (1998-99) I was a member and was there as many as 3 times a week. I lived across the river in Redbank and loved visiting. I live in Baltimore now and the Tennessee Aquarium is modeled after the one here. It is nice and you will enjoy the visit but it is not as nice or big as others.

I recommend paying it a visit!

My dentist was in Red Bank. My dad worked downtown, he won season passes to the aquarium the year they built it. That was also the year we moved away, so we only went once with the passes.

I've been a bunch of time after that though cause we live about 2 hours away. They had a jellyfish exhibit one year and a seahorse exhibit another year that were both really awesome. Oh and the Otters are awesome if they come out.

They had them all the times i've been there but its been about 3 years since I have been so I hope they are still there! First time I went, they refused to come out. Very fun to watch when they are out though.

Aw. Okay. Well, everyone has made me pretty excited about going. I really can't wait to see the arapaima. I have a joke going with my friend that is going with me to the aquarium that I'm going to get one as a pet eventually. haha

Back
Top Bottom