Terribly disappointed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wait, did you mean the fish already in the tank look healthy, or the new fish?

I left 1 of the new fish in the tank. It looked healthy unlike the others. I was worried if the disease spread to my tank. All fish in the tank look healthy.

I just checked on my other 2 remaining. Don't see any more white fuzz. Very sketchy about adding to the tank. They are in a 5 gallon bucket with an airstone and heater and showing no physical abnormalities.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I left 1 of the new fish in the tank. It looked healthy unlike the others. I was worried if the disease spread to my tank. All fish in the tank look healthy.

I just checked on my other 2 remaining. Don't see any more white fuzz. Very sketchy about adding to the tank. They are in a 5 gallon bucket with an airstone and heater and showing no physical abnormalities.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Yeah, that's nervewracking. I would definitely give them a few more days. Any word from the seller?

Well good news! My new Rainbowfish came in today!

Bad news...
1 was already dead
1 has swollen red lips and can't swim right.
1 couldn't swim and we put it out of its misery.
2 have fuzzy lips
1 is just fine so far.

I wasn't home when they arrived. My lovely younger brother acclimated them for an hour and put them in my tank. :( ugh. At least he did a nice acclimation.

Tank parameters:
pH 7.4
Ammonia and nitrite 0
Nitrate 5

75g planted.
Weekly water changes

I have removed all the new fish except the healthy looking one. They were all bagged separately. They are in a 5g bucket with an airstone. I don't like it but I can't risk the rest of my tank stock (which includes a $60 ropefish) for some sick fish. Yes it's true, I don't have a QT tank laying around...

Any ideas on what to do? Was having a lovely day till this happened...... Might have to put the saltwater tank on halt.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I am so sorry. What a disappointment :(

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I am so sorry. What a disappointment :(

It's okay *crap* happens. The one I left in the tank is still looking healthy. And the other 2 that had fuzzy lips seem to be doing alright. If I see nothing wrong with them tomorrow I might add them back.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Update: 48 hours after looking good and healthy. Added back to tank awaiting results.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Good to hear, keep me updated.

Did the normal feeding tonight and they ate some which is a good sign. Still keeping a very close eye on them.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Glossolepis incisus
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429923060.758740.jpg
This one looks nothing like the boesemani so I think it's the emerald even though it is sorta purple. It could still be a boesemani and his color just hasn't came back yet though.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429923093.661192.jpg
The boesemani
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429923135.914552.jpg

I think it's one of each from the original stock.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Yeah. He looks like a banded. Were they supposed to be a mixed lot of rainbows?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah. He looks like a banded. Were they supposed to be a mixed lot of rainbows?

I ordered a pair of Glossolepis incisus, emerald pair and a boesemani pair. 1 confirmed Glossolepis death. We think the emeralds were the other 2 deaths.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

That's crazy. The bosemani you have surviving is def a bos but the mystery one doesn't look like a red (glosso) super weird. I think he gets a bad review as a seller that's crazy

That middle one almost looks like a banded/striped rainbow. Totally missed the first pic. That would could be the red

I think the first one kind of looks like a female Parkinsons Rainbow:
http://www.fishchannel.com/images//fish-species/freshwater/parkinson-mark-smith.jpg

Either that or a female Red Irian who isn't colored up yet.

Also a few of my juvenile Boesemani Rainbows have a pretty distinct band, and not all of them are showing a whole lot of color yet. They are around a similar size, and healthy but there are about 2 or 3 really vibrant ones out of a group of 8. Some of them don't really look like real Boesemani yet. Just some food for thought!

I think the first one kind of looks like a female Parkinsons Rainbow:
http://www.fishchannel.com/images//fish-species/freshwater/parkinson-mark-smith.jpg

Either that or a female Red Irian who isn't colored up yet.

Also a few of my juvenile Boesemani Rainbows have a pretty distinct band, and not all of them are showing a whole lot of color yet. They are around a similar size, and healthy but there are about 2 or 3 really vibrant ones out of a group of 8. Some of them don't really look like real Boesemani yet. Just some food for thought!

Yes the first picture is a red irian (Glossolepis). We will see what the other fish are :p

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I would flag the seller and try to get your money back, if he hasnt already blocked you. These young "upstart" guys on AB are not serious about the hobby only to make money and rip people off all the time.

Back
Top Bottom