Test Kit Purchasing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richiestang_78

Aquarium Advice Freak
Right now I only test for pH using Aquarium Pharm. Dry-Tab Wide Range test kit. But lately Ive been taking the hobby more serious and want to pick up every test I should need, nitrate amonia etc. It would be helpful if you guys point me in the right direction of what I will need as far as tests and what brands the best.

Dont worry about Hardness test as the water here is fine due to the fact I live right next to a freshwater lake and the LFS guys told me its perfect for fish right out the tap.

Anyway any help would be appreciated greatly.

AP master here as well.

Just in case you don't know.Find it at petsmart.com and print the page.Bring it in and they will price match themselves.

From 27.99 down to 13.99 for the exact same kit.

Yep. another AP master kit user here. I even splurged on the GH and KH bottles too.

PetSmart doesn't state it anywhere...otherwise, everyone would do it! ;)

Just go in there and pick up the test kit, then when you get to the counter say something like "I saw this on the website and it was only $14. How come it is so much more here? Can you match the price on the website?".

I don't like doing the price-matching much myself, but for substantial savings (ie, test kits or Seachem plant ferts) then it's worthwhile. I suspect that, at some point, PetSmart will stop price-matching - or will raise the prices on their websites to more closely match their in-store prices (especially as the rising fuel costs increase shipping costs)...but until then, enjoy!

richiestang_78 said:
Ill probably just get online sometiem soon since I have to order some suppliues anyway.

Well, if you have more stuff to buy - then PetSmart is offering Free Shipping on orders over $50. If that's any help.

Good luck!

I did this same thing when I got my AP FW Master Test kit. I printed the info off their site, took it to a store, and they price-matched it. They told me they'd only price-match something from their own website as I'd found it a bit cheaper on other sites....not by much though. I don't know that you'd have to actually show them something, but just in case they are "difficult" about it I'd print something out and take it in. So, if you're going to order stuff off the site and don't want to wait...you could always try this!

I used to use tabs, but bought the Freshwater Master's kit and will never go back! It's great. It's easier to see the colour differences and it's a lot more accurante.

stick with AP test kits, heres what I use for my tanks ever since I started years ago:

all AP test kits by the way:

Nitrate
Nitrite
Ammonia
PH ( standard range )
GH+ KH hradness
Phosphates

I ordered mine from www.Thatpetplace.com they were all under 6 bucks and only cost like 40 bucks incuding shipping, I would buy the individuals though, I'm not a big fan of crossing the test tubes for other kits with each other, this way you can keep them all together in each box, plsu you get alot more test with the individuals than you do with the master test kits, I would also steer away from any dry tab kits and go with liquid reagent and color titration, alot more accurate, and never use anything chemical addivites to alter you PH do it through water changes or limestone, things like that, its alot easier on the fish, any questions feel free to PM me

I just got my MAster test kit for 12 bucks and its freakin awesome. Funny though all the toxic warning on the labels, wouldnt have thought the chemicals were so harmful.

Back
Top Bottom