test strips or kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shon

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello I'm need to get some test strips or a kit to test my water. I have had my tank about two weeks and I bought a 4pk of 5in1 strips by API. I am a lil tight on money after getting the set up and fish and I have a coupon for tetra 6in1 strips but should I get them or try and get something better. Also how often should I test my water?

Get a liquid test kit ( api master kit) is a common one. It is actually cheaper in the long run. I test every week, but cut down on ph, ammonia and nitrite testing because it hasn't really changed in a couple years.

As GB said, a liquid test kit is a lot better. They are more accurate and give more samples. I would not recommend the strips:/

Ok thank you both I'm going to petsmart tonight hopefully. I went to one of my lfs and they was extremely rude and not too helpful so I wont be going back. Their loss though my lil sis wanted a bearded dragon and needs the whole set up so I was there to get that and a test kit but they was so rude we walked out. The major reason I need one is today my water is clouded again and like a yellow brown in color. I found out my buddy thought they was hungry yesterday and fed them without saying anything to me and I had already fed them for the day.

Ok ill have to check into that. Just search for Aquarium test kits and is API the way to go I know there is a few others.

I agree and you should get the API freshwater master test kit, but you sholud look on ebay first. I bought mine for 22$ on ebay, and its normally 32$. Check ebay first.

Ok thank you I found one for 22 with free shipping CA be here by the 6th (happy bday to me lol) I'm going to try and order it tonight.

Back
Top Bottom