tester kits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barbtrave

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What tester kits do you need for a salt water tank fish and some corals not a full reef tank. what tester kit would you get? Single combined etc.

Salifert and seachem are the best. Go with nitrate, phosphate, PH, calcium and alkalinity and you are pretty much covered.

captivereefs said:
Salifert and seachem are the best. Go with nitrate, phosphate, PH, calcium and alkalinity and you are pretty much covered.

Do they sell kits that contain all the tests you listed?

And the Salifert brand doesn't put out a master test kit, at least none are listed in the catalogs I get. But considering each salifert kit is about $25...most people don't wanna drop $200 on test kits when they start up a reef tank.

I use the aquarium pharmaceuticals saltwater master test kit. It covers pH, ammonia, nitrite & nitrate. It uses liquid and test tubes to compare to a color chart. This kit is reasonably priced($15-$25). Just stay away from the multiple test strips. I had tied those and compared to my liquid tests and the y give some funny inconsistant readings IMO.

I 2nd the AP SW Test kit....and that airline tubing is the cheapest thing we can buy...oh wait...that was my own post

I went with SeaChems Marine Basic kit, and then a Reef Status for Calcium, and Salifert for Magnesium.
I already had a phosphate kit (SeaChem) for my freshwater planted tank testing.

Back
Top Bottom