Thai Micro Crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone got info on these awesome little guys? I wanna add them to my nano tank!

Pretty cool little dudes, I've only seen them a couple of times - I believe they need access to the surface occasionally so you might need to add a little platform or a piece of bogwood that protrudes out of the water, apart from that they are pretty hardy apparently, they fly out of my LFS anytime there in stock along with the Red Thai Crab. Though buyers come back after a while wanting to know why they died, even though they where told about the need for surface oxygen.

Last edited:
Sweet. I doubt I can do the water access though....... guess I will have to pass...

Nope nope nope! They are fully aquatic crabs that do NOT need to visit the surface. Ive kept quite a few before. If you want some pictures of mine I dont mind looking for some :)

Make sure they have some flow. I think this is the MOST important thing when keeping them. About 2 days after I added a baffle to my filter, all 4 of mine died. They are not aggressive and will not even harm shrimp. I definitely recommend housing them in a nano tank under 10G's. Any bigger and you wont see them very often at all. I found out that they're mostly active at night. Definitely house them with nano fish. I could never find anything to feed them. They rejected all foods, but they lasted over a month before I blocked off my filter flow. If housed in a normal aquarium with normal parameters, they will not breed. Breeding them is EXTREMELY difficult. However I had heard from a breeder that she feed hers gel foods.

They are awesome little critters!! (y)

ok well if I find them at the right price I may giveit a tray. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom