Thanks for the welcome!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kirbster23

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all ;) Glad to find a place to chat about aquariums and fish. Hope this is a great place to do that. I just bought a used tank on Craigslist that came with everything but, in the 4 weeks since I've had it things keep breaking. I since have bought a new light for it, the last was a cheapo <haha>. I'm really liking it, very good daytime light and has LED's that stay on all the time so at night it's something like moonlight. I'm not sure if this is the spot to say/ask this but, the reason I joined the site is because I'm looking for a new filter. The two cheapo walmart one's I currently have make so much noise sleeping is difficult! I'm looking into wet/dry systems and also cannisters. My main question is whats really better to keep the tank clearer and be able to do less clean-up. I drive over the road and am gone two weeks at a time so I really need a systems that can take care of itself for that peroid of time. Feeding is not an issue, someone is always home but, that person cannot/willnot do anything else. I'd really like to get into a discussion with a knowledgable person if thats possible. Please help and thank you very much!

Attachments

• CP5.jpg
    CP5.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 68
Welcome to AA! What is this going to be, a reef tank or a SW fish only w/ liverock or even a FW setup.LOL

FW cichlid tank. Maybe when I have time I might switch over to salt but it would be a completely different thing for me. Thats down the road though. I got some good advice here in my other post but I'm gonna go with a wet/dry system. Buying one today, soon as I can get ahold of this one guy who's got cheaper prices (by alot). Joined another aquarium/fish forum and have to say this one is WAY better. Whoever set this site up did a great job!

Back
Top Bottom