The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i ahve the option my girl said....a new desktop computer and when imean new i mean like latest gpu, motherboard, the works like 2200 dollar comp or the light.

i ahve the option my girl said....a new desktop computer and when imean new i mean like latest gpu, motherboard, the works like 2200 dollar comp or the light.

why o why does she make me choose...this is as hard as picking between irish or american citizenship lol

Pigeonfood said:
im hoping to god my girl doesnt see these posts...but i have an amazon card with an ungodly card limit and i found this on here...Amazon.com: 36 in. AquaticLife HID/T5/Lunar LED Fixture - 1 x 150W HID - 2 x 39W T5 - 4 LEDs: Home & Garden

That's the same one I linked to you. IMO, that light excites me so much that I might be able to deal with sleeping on the couch for a week if I bought that. There are much plainer ways to express to you how awesome I think those lights are...but I'd instantly get banned from this site.

Pigeonfood said:

Desktop? Since I got my iPad and my netbook...I don't think I've been on my PC in months. You're just gonna have to step up the 360 and play some FIFA with me :)

That's the same one I linked to you. IMO, that light excites me so much that I might be able to deal with sleeping on the couch for a week if I bought that. There are much plainer ways to express to you how awesome I think those lights are...but I'd instantly get banned from this site.

If i got that light, i cud pretty get any aquatic plant right? cos that the whole point of me getting a new light fixture.
Dude im gettin it, ill just ahve to live with having a 36g for a long time to pay off that light lol

Desktop? Since I got my iPad and my netbook...I don't think I've been on my PC in months. You're just gonna have to step up the 360 and play some FIFA with me :)

im not a 360 kinda guy..PS3 my friend, tbh ur not the first to tell me to get a 360 lol

Pigeonfood said:
If i got that light, i cud pretty get any aquatic plant right? cos that the whole point of me getting a new light fixture.
Dude im gettin it, ill just ahve to live with having a 36g for a long time to pay off that light lol

I'm gonna PM you

Pigeonfood said:

For the price tag on that thing? You ought be able to grow an underwater rainforest! Now I'm obsessed with that thing! Stupid joint bank account, why!!!???

For the price tag on that thing? You ought be able to grow an underwater rainforest! Now I'm obsessed with that thing! Stupid joint bank account, why!!!???

enjoy ur neon lights my friend...im getting it....its a go the old lady says. but at the price of no new comp :(

Pigeonfood said:
enjoy ur neon lights my friend...im getting it....its a go the old lady says. but at the price of no new comp :(

Looks like the old lady is a keeper, lol. If you get it, you're gonna have to send me a video of it because I need to have that thing after looking at it with you.

Did you just have normal hood lights now, or were they already upgraded?

Looks like the old lady is a keeper, lol. If you get it, you're gonna have to send me a video of it because I need to have that thing after looking at it with you.

Did you just have normal hood lights now, or were they already upgraded?

i havent upgraded nothing yet, i still have the starter hood n light which i hate especially becuase it makes my water evaporate alot quicker since its plastic ugh...

Pigeonfood said:
i havent upgraded nothing yet, i still have the starter hood n light which i hate especially becuase it makes my water evaporate alot quicker since its plastic ugh...

It makes a HUGE difference even if you don't step all the way up to the one we're talking about. (Probably already told you), but I've got duel T-5 HO 36 watt lights...one actinic (blue / violet) and the other "ultra sun". I have them both on during the day and it's beautiful...makes it look like a coral reef somewhere with the colors. At night I only leave the actinic light on until I crash out for the night, and my room has a nice bluish glow. It's fantastic.

What we're looking at are 3 different types of lighting fixtures including LED on a self timer that simulate the day / night cycle and gives it a shimmering moonlight effect while you're sleeping. Top notch, top dollar technology. You should start a thread in the planted tanks section before you break out the credit card though.

It makes a HUGE difference even if you don't step all the way up to the one we're talking about. (Probably already told you), but I've got duel T-5 HO 36 watt lights...one actinic (blue / violet) and the other "ultra sun". I have them both on during the day and it's beautiful...makes it look like a coral reef somewhere with the colors. At night I only leave the actinic light on until I crash out for the night, and my room has a nice bluish glow. It's fantastic.

What we're looking at are 3 different types of lighting fixtures on a self timer that simulate the day / night cycle and gives it a shimmering moonlight effect while you're sleeping. Top notch, top dollar technology. You should start a thread in the planted tanks section before you break out the credit card though.

HAHAHAHAHA....600 dollars for the light, only 13 bucks for shipping, now thats funny

Wow. Its been quiet in here for almost 24 hours. Maybe thats good news for all that are cycling there tank. Mine appears to be back on track with the addition of the cc. Ammo back to being gone after 24 hours. PH up around 7 to 7.2. Will test again later today and see what it looks like. BTW how long do I need to leave cc in filter? Can it stay all the time? Does it need to stay all the time?

Thanks

Ronnie

Cloudrider said:
Wow. Its been quiet in here for almost 24 hours. Maybe thats good news for all that are cycling there tank. Mine appears to be back on track with the addition of the cc. Ammo back to being gone after 24 hours. PH up around 7 to 7.2. Will test again later today and see what it looks like. BTW how long do I need to leave cc in filter? Can it stay all the time? Does it need to stay all the time?

Thanks

Ronnie

Thanks to the magic of PM's...the conversation always continues behind the scenes, lol. We also have a tendency to go a little OT here with all the good people, so better safe than sorry...sometimes it's good the private messages are private...or I might be on a warning, haha.

I'm glad the CC is seeming to get you back on track (not to toot my own horn...but toot-toot, haha). I'd keep it in during the entire cycle, then start slowly removing it after it completes. Just remove a small amount at a time and monitor the pH level. If it continues to drop after adding fish you may need to run it permanently. Hopefully with weekly pwc's you'll be replacing the buffers often enough that it won't continue to be needed.

Keep me posted! I'm excited to hear how it progresses!

Removed my filter media from my HOB and put it in my canister...actually it was more i stuffed it into my canister, cut pieces enough to fit in all my media baskets, man it looked nasty lol hopefully that will help.

Pigeonfood said:
Removed my filter media from my HOB and put it in my canister...actually it was more i stuffed it into my canister, cut pieces enough to fit in all my media baskets, man it looked nasty lol hopefully that will help.

It should. Keep the empty one up and running for a couple days though until the canister is seeded. There's actually a lot of beneficial bacteria on the actual filter housing of the HOB. Did you get the media in next to the ceramic stuff? That's the bio-filter in canisters. BTW...when's that light getting shipped out? I'm super excited to see what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom