The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Just a note... I'm going out of town for the weekend and my girl has informed me that "my fish forum" will not be coming on vacation with us, lol.
I'll be back Sunday night and didn't want anyone thinking I'm ignoring them if I don't respond.

Good luck everybody! I expect good news when I check back (I'm talking to you Paul and Liam!).

Eco, don't worry, I'll help anyone that needs help if I can, and I'm sure other experienced members will chime in as well. Enjoy your vacation and don't make your girl mad. Or you may be finding your own way home. ;)

Ok so tested again.this time everything. Ammo is 0 ( I dosed to 1 this morning) no2 is 0, no3 is 40 - 80, ph is 7.2 to 7.4. Going to do a 90% pwc tonite, dose back up to 2 or so. Check in am and make sure all ok and temp is down. Then it's fish time. I want to again thank all here for thei advice. Now maybe I can pass on what I have learned.

Ronnie

Have you got any good news for me Paul? And I need some pics if you got your fish Cloudrider!

Pictures coming. :) Added some fish Saturday. Were doing well. Water levels great. Woke up this am to an angelfish not well. Have no clue as to why.

But I will post some pics later today.

Ronnie

Cloudrider said:
Pictures coming. :) Added some fish Saturday. Were doing well. Water levels great. Woke up this am to an angelfish not well. Have no clue as to why.

But I will post some pics later today.

Ronnie

Sorry to hear about the Angel :-( We'll be happy to help there too if we can. Whats going on with him?

Sorry to hear about the Angel :-( We'll be happy to help there too if we can. Whats going on with him?

It was floating lifeless. I thought was dead already. Then I watched it for a bit. Fins were moving, it was just like it was floating thru space. That is about the best description I can come up with.

Ronnie

Cloudrider said:
It was floating lifeless. I thought was dead already. Then I watched it for a bit. Fins were moving, it was just like it was floating thru space. That is about the best description I can come up with.

Ronnie

Sorry, I know angels can be delicate...how did you acclimate him? It's also possible it was just bad stock (like my GBR). I assume you tested parameters and they're all fine. I'd have to assume it was either something like pH shock or just a weak specimen from the lfs that coildnt take the stress of moving from the store to your tank. Just make sure to keep an eye on that crazy pH of yours and maybe start drip acclimating the more sensitive fish (it's super easy even though people make a big deal out of it.)

Sorry, I know angels can be delicate...how did you acclimate him? It's also possible it was just bad stock (like my GBR). I assume you tested parameters and they're all fine. I'd have to assume it was either something like pH shock or just a weak specimen from the lfs that coildnt take the stress of moving from the store to your tank. Just make sure to keep an eye on that crazy pH of yours and maybe start drip acclimating the more sensitive fish (it's super easy even though people make a big deal out of it.)

Well... I floated the bag for 30 min or so, then poured couple oz water from tank to bag every 5 min or so for 20 min. Then I very gently put net in bag and moved it over to tank. The other angel I added same time is doing fine.

I didnt check levels this am, but yesterday evening all were looking great. The ph was about 7.4 to 7.6. AT this point I am leaning towards stress as well. But who knows.

ROnnie

Cloudrider said:
Well... I floated the bag for 30 min or so, then poured couple oz water from tank to bag every 5 min or so for 20 min. Then I very gently put net in bag and moved it over to tank. The other angel I added same time is doing fine.

I didnt check levels this am, but yesterday evening all were looking great. The ph was about 7.4 to 7.6. AT this point I am leaning towards stress as well. But who knows.

ROnnie

Sorry :-( Sometimes fish just don't work out...they just die for no reason it seems. I highly recommend a AA member called Severum Mama. She just posted an updated stock list in the classifieds section. She's the only one I buy fish from. They're all bred by her or private breeders and she QTs everything before she sells it. I cant recommend her highly enough.

cichlidpaul said:
If im right in what im thinking your getting a big wet sloppy kiss bro

I just sent you one back my friend. I am literally smiling ear to ear. How about we trade the kiss for a pint when we meet up some day, haha.

Did the wife give you the PC back yet? Lol. Make sure you got the first PM I sent to know what to do from here.

cichlidpaul said:
took a while lol

She loves her Facebook, huh? Lol. I accepted the friend request. Just FYI, we never check that thing so it may be 6 months before I get any messages you send on it. When do you think you're gonna get some fish? Just make sure that thing is dropping ammo to 0 and 0 no2 in 24 hours, do your pwc to lower no3, turn down the heater and add some swimmers! Did you get my first PM about the CC?

cichlidpaul said:
lol its all good my friend

as for fish well2 weeks most probs as for the coral well its in my tank as in over my gravel

If it makes the pH a good level for the fish...keep it, it just tends to make the water a little cloudy after pwc's. Why 2 weeks? It's fine, just feed that tank 1ppm of ammo per day and you can keep it cycled. That things been cycling so long, I'm surprised you didn't buy fish the minute the no2 hit 0, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom