The beauty of seeding material.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peacockkeeper

Aquarium Advice Freak
On Sunday I decided to set up my 10g tank to use as a quarantine/hospital tank. I took a filter that had been running on my 29g for a few weeks and added some gravel from the same tank. After 4 days and 2 40% WC my readings are perfect. So much nicer having seeding material from another tank. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393614428.479364.jpg

I'm running my sponge on an overstocked 90g frontosa tank and some biowheels from one of my marineland 400s running on an understocked 55g. Hopefully I can fully stock my 55g in one go. Planning on 5 clown loaches and some upper dwelling schoolfish, like rasboras.

I've cycled a tank in 2 days with a mature filter, I'd be careful about full stocking that tank at once karate pig, I'd make sure to keep an eye on levels..

I've cycled a tank in 2 days with a mature filter, I'd be careful about full stocking that tank at once karate pig, I'd make sure to keep an eye on levels..

Of course. I've got 800 gph filtration and a large sponge so I think I should be okay. I want to do the full load because I don't want to kill the beneficial bacteria.

Of course. I've got 800 gph filtration and a large sponge so I think I should be okay. I want to do the full load because I don't want to kill the beneficial bacteria.
you won't, bb can lay dormant for weeks!

Back
Top Bottom