the best shrimp to buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

magnaflow

Aquarium Advice Regular
what would the best shrimp to buy be. To clean up and look good. Skunk shrimp seems to be the way everyone goes. There $$ around here theres camel shrimp for Cheap but I dont know if they are as good. I don't mind paying the extra money for something better thoughts?

Stay away from the CBS! I would never have bought it knowing how much it pesters my fish. If I had the opportunity to go back and buy a different shrimp, I would buy a Skunk. You can have more than one, and they don't seem to be aggressive. HTH...

I got 2 cleaners, and 2 peppermints and one CBS They all seem to get along well.

CBS loves to eat from my hand too...

Maybe I wuz lucky. I had 5 skunk, 3 blood red, 6 peps (for the aptasia). Now there's 3 skunk, one red, and a pair of CBS. Everybody has their space and seem to get along fine. The CBS only jabs if someone gets too close, but would rather leave the scene. Of course we're talking 72g tank and 120 or so pounds of rock for all to have their territory.

Get a Mantis, they rule.

Kidding...... :mrgreen:
Agree, Skunk, Peppermint and Fire Shrimp are all good choices.

If you want social shrimp get the skunk cleaners. They are always out and about and very visable. Peppermints and camels tend to be shy and hide. I really like blood shrimp but they are shy as well. A pistol shrimp/goby pair is really cool as well.

in about an hour gonan head out for my shrimp. I guy close by is selling 3 full grown ones becuase hes gettign a lion fish and needs them out. $30 canaidan or 2 for $50. Good deal and I guess one of them is full of eggs gonan try for that one I think

All the one with eggs is going do is feed the tank when they hatch..... I have never heard of any one raising shrimp... Good luck with them..... Acclimate VERY SLOWLY....

Back
Top Bottom