The future of fish tank technology!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plantedtankman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all! I was just thinking of how much fish tanks have changed. Can you imagine what types of fish and what fish tanks will be like in 30-50 years from now? It makes you think....

Hey all! I was just thinking of how much fish tanks have changed. Can you imagine what types of fish and what fish tanks will be like in 30-50 years from now? It makes you think....

Prolly wont be any wild caught, and the aquarium bred will be hybrids and genetically altered frankenfish.

Or not! (I hope) :blink:

Prolly wont be any wild caught, and the aquarium bred will be hybrids and genetically altered frankenfish.

Or not! (I hope) :blink:

Well that was pretty morbid lol. A self sustaining tank would be awesome, no more WC's.

It would be nice to see fish like the harlequin filefish being bred and raised on prepared foods

Well that was pretty morbid lol. A self sustaining tank would be awesome, no more WC's.

Lol yeah I don't know what came over me!
There's a lot of great aquarium technology now, but its prohibitively expensive for us plebs. Hopefully, like computers, they will become the norm and be a fraction of the price.

Lol, no I never saw that. I was referring to the trend of genetically altering fish- to give them the characteristics of completely different animals.

Yeah I know, kinda like glo-fish. And check out the movie frankenfish. Obviously it's fake but makes you wonder 'what if'.

Back
Top Bottom