The GF's ADA 60-F - Shallow Rimless Build - Ohko Mountains

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, your tank looks absolutely stunning! It's filling in really well. Hope you can get your algae under control.

Wow, your tank looks absolutely stunning! It's filling in really well. Hope you can get your algae under control.

Thank you for the kind words... my GF and I certainly appreciate the feedback. I really hope this algae does get under control. High-Tech + Shrimp is a tough balancing act.

Looking great so far, Brian! Clean lily pipes really is the cherry on top! ;)

Those are mighty fine looking shrimp! The blue color on the Amano I am envious of, can you find out what they were feeding them? So pretty.

They're already losing that blue coloring. It might be because they are young or they were purchased from a tank that had all white in it, no substrate. I'll ask the next time I'm at this LFS.

Looking great so far, Brian! Clean lily pipes really is the cherry on top! ;)

Thank you! Yeah they certainly make the difference. But they are such the PITA to remove the pipes from the hoses to clean. I must be using an incorrect technique. I yanked so hard on one, when it finally came off, the Lily pipe hit the rim of my sink with significant force... I got super scared with the loud sound it made that I may have broken them. Luckily, not one scratch or break. These Cal Aqua pipes are great quality to withstand my mishap. Potential tragedy averted! Lol

Wow, dude! The tank looks absolutely stunning! Hopefully you can make that carpet last longer than I did! Good luck with the algae, I imagine it will be pretty tricky to deal with, with shrimp in the tank.

You can trim the Blyxa side shoot off as close to the original stem as possible and replant. They'll be doing this quite regularly, and IME the new plants are a pain to keep down. Freakin really buoyant plants once they have a decent amount of leaves... :p

The blue on the Amanos could just be a stress color? Remember those RCS I got that were showing blue?

Again, tank looks great, good luck with the algae, and keep the updates rollin! Can you win TOTM twice? :lol:

:edit: oh and Brian, my pipes are pretty easy to remove, and I'm using the same tubing... Get them wet, don't pull, twist... ;)

Last edited:
Yeah I think the HC should be trimmed soon (the fun part, huh?) before it gets too thick and buoyant too... Like lift off the substrate! LOL

Thanks for the tips on the Blyxa and the Lily Pipes... I was going to ask how you remove yours from the hoses. I did soak mine in hot water first... I twisted and pulled a bit but it didn't want to budge. So I stuck something between the hoses and the pipes to loosen the seal. It finally gave after that. I recall Fort saying to use a heat gun, I was hoping I don't have to resort to one of those! LOL

Thanks again for the compliment on the tank... my GF will be happy to read all these comments. I just 'help' maintain it at this point. :)

Now... I'm keeping my fingers crossed we get this algae under control w/out causing a shrimp genocide! Haha

I'm totally late, but it looks amazing!!!

I really like the pic of the newly molted tangerine tiger.
I'm following, if there is anything left to follow! I mean, can it get any better?! :D

Fantastic tank!!! (y)

Remember the Amanos I just purchased? Well here are some photos I took while we were at my LFS (Aqua Touch) buying them. Their display tanks had me drooling! Although the 120P was jaw dropping, check out how cool their Paludarium is! I've never seen a Paludarium before and this is a new concept to me... but the possibilities are intriguing!

9616257845_35aaa7761d_b.jpg

9619500622_7314031eac_c.jpg

Remember the Amanos I just purchased? Well here are some photos I took while we were at my LFS (Aqua Touch) buying them. Their display tanks had me drooling! Although the 120P was jaw dropping, check out how cool their Paludarium is! I've never seen a Paludarium before and this is a new concept to me... but the possibilities are intriguing!

9616257845_35aaa7761d_b.jpg

9619500622_7314031eac_c.jpg

Cool! I've seen a paludarium on youtube once, but nothing like that!

A guy not to far from me is selling a little 3G Mr. Aqua for 20 obo and a 12G long (anybody you know have one of those?) for 50 obo...I am so temped by the video of the paludarium...both rimless.

I hate that there are too many awesome things to do in this hobby! :lol:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Go with the 12g long...it has a great footprint. Lots of possibilities! And yes, I need to win the lottery so I can...well u know!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom