The intimidator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calypso77

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My one red wag male platy is intimadating my male sunburst platy who is a lot smaller then him. They have been together a few weeks now and were like 2 peas in a pod and now the older one just follows the little guy around and just gives him the star down. Makes me want to spank him for being a little meanie. :fish2::fish2::fish2::fish2:

My green lantern platys did the same. When there were other fish to pick on, the 2 ganged up on them. When they were by themselves, the big one picked on the smaller one. Took them back yesterday. Just to mean for me.

Ya I am hoping he cuts it out, he has only been like that since yesterday. He is very peaceful with everyone else. Can make ya mad though to see if happening, I'd like to ground the little bugger. lol

Maybe you should get a breeder trap and stick him in it when he gets to naughty. As we say in kindergarten, "Thinking net for you buster! "

Maybe you should get a breeder trap and stick him in it when he gets to naughty. As we say in kindergarten, "Thinking net for you buster! "

I have a net and believe me I have been tempted but I don't want to kill him. Those nets stress them way too much.

Yeah, I get it. I liked my guys when they were being nice, but I couldn't stand them terrorizing the other fish. Oh well, now to decide what to replace them with.

Back
Top Bottom