The Joys of a Copperband Butterfly fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltwater reef

Aquarium Advice Freak
With a new and completely redone tank. It was time for new fish! I wandered across this beauty today. Although I've heard they are finicky eaterS I decided to go ahead and buy him. Who else has had one if these beauties and kept them alive?
Also since its a new tank I am also going to add corals soon! Advice is welcome!

image-1743955603.jpg

Very cool looking fish. Looking to possibly get one in the future. Hope it works out with the feeding.

Hey Saltwater, I've had my Copperband for about a year and a half now... The only reason that I purchased mine, was because it was eating frozen Mysis, at my LFS. Mine still hunts and eats pods constantly...my 180g with refugium has been able to sustain a pod population for him, but I wouldn't want to try keeping a Copperband without a sustainable pod population. Most of them will only eat pods, much like a Mandarin...
Beautiful, active fish, that will get completely inverted while hunting... Really cool to watch!!
Good luck with yours Salt!

image-1882984201.jpg

2/10/2013

Hey Saltwater, I've had my Copperband for about a year and a half now... The only reason that I purchased mine, was because it was eating frozen Mysis, at my LFS. Mine still hunts and eats pods constantly...my 180g with refugium has been able to sustain a pod population for him, but I wouldn't want to try keeping a Copperband without a sustainable pod population. Most of them will only eat pods, much like a Mandarin...
Beautiful, active fish, that will get completely inverted while hunting... Really cool to watch!!
Good luck with yours Salt!

2/10/2013

Good to know! It's very funny watching him looking for food or just exploring! Doing flips and funny positions to get through areas of the rock!

I have a copper band, hes supper easy to keep alive because I got mine from liveaquarias diver den that was trained to eat frozen foods :) by far my favorit fish. I spent months trying to get it because when they put them on diver den they are on for about 90 seconds before they are bought. (They update every day at 5PM)

I have a copper band, hes supper easy to keep alive because I got mine from liveaquarias diver den that was trained to eat frozen foods :) by far my favorit fish. I spent months trying to get it because when they put them on diver den they are on for about 90 seconds before they are bought. (They update every day at 5PM)

Good to hear man!

Back
Top Bottom