The LFS lady

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gish

Aquarium Advice Freak
My LFS has some great stuff. Fish are always big and healthy. The only problem is the Lady. As you may know, she was was off base in suggesting that my tank wouldn't cycle with sand as the substrate (see prior post). My tank is cycled and doing great.

Then I took the plunge and spent $50, yes $50! on a gold nugget pleco which had a great personality and was out all the time (see pic). The day after I bought it, LFS lady posts a Facebook pic of a new batch of gold nuggets, this time they have the ones with bigger spots (pic2) I call the store and ask if I can exchange mine for the new one, after all I bought it the day before. She says No!, citing that it's stressful for the fish and they usually don't do that. I was upset about it, after all I am a loyal customer and have donated at least $35 worth of Java fern to them. But I chilled out and understood her point.

The next day she posts on Facebook asking me to call the store. I called and she said they changed their mind after speaking to her business partner. I was happy! The next day I spent 20 min trying fishing pleco #1 out, went to the store in a monsoon, and exchanged it for the medium Gold nugget pleco,

Now, the irony is that while this one is arguably more attractive, it hides all the time. The LFS sage continues . . .

Attachments

• IMG_1232.jpg
    IMG_1232.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 10414459_898158193582898_4591251952711934962_n.jpg
    10414459_898158193582898_4591251952711934962_n.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
also, the spots don't look that different will try to get a pic if it becomes less shy.

That's a nice pleco! Look forward to seeing some more pictures :)

might just hide because its smaller. Let it grow and get acclimated and it will start popping out.
also dont foget this fish just came in so its prob stressed from being transferred so many diff times already. Give it time.

I got an adult bristle nose pleco a few weeks ago from a friend who was taking down his 130 gallon, and for the first 2 or so weeks I almost never saw him. Now he's out and about constantly. I think your pleco is just stressed from all of the transport.

Thanks all for the encouraging words. Will post a pic when the Plec emerges

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom