The most colorful fw fish that stay relatively small are?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmac

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am stocking my 30g tall and I have a preference for colorful fish for obvious reasons...The clear and silvery variety just don't do it for me (I bought 4 black phantom tetras and they are just ok...)I also prefer fish that are at least 1.5" or larger. I am not getting anything as small as a neon....

So far I have been very happy to add

1 Red Fire Dwarf Gourami
1 Blue Dwarf Gourami
1 Sunburst Platy
1 Red MickeyMouse Platy
1 Yellow-Spotted Sailfin Molly
2 Clown Loaches (will move when they get too big)

I'm pretty much near fully stocked, but in case I add others in the future what are your favorites for fw eye candy?

My favorite by far are the two gouramis, and its a toss up as to which is the prettiest.

I was looking at those......The "fancy guppies" had some amazing color patterns...Is that natural?

All natural....bred that way.

The males have the best coloring.I suggest them as well.I have three in my 29g and they all bring comments out of guests.

We call one fireball because he looks like he's running from a flame when he swims.Healthy gupps in a stress free tank are some of the best looking and graceful trops out there imo.

any betta aka siamese fighting fish come in plenty of colors.

rainbowfish dont get TOO large, run a variety of colors.

rams are beautiful as well. the golden are my favorite but the blue ones color up just as nice.

You could also look at some of the smaller varieties of Rainbowfish. The Neon Blue Dwarf and Threadfin are two that come to mind immediately.

There are also several varieties of Killifish that stay small and the vast majority are extremely colorful.

I have a neon blue dwarf gourami, its one of my favorite fish. Absolutely amazing when the light hits it right.

I have a school of dwarf neon (praecox) rainbows, and they are beautiful. Crimson (male) or yellow (female) fins on a neon blue body.

I have similar fish to yours (see my signature) and also added a male betta. He is gorgeous and gets along fine with everyone.

I don't know if you ever thought of a snail.... but brigs are very colorful and fun to watch. Ivory, gold, purple, blue (soft smokey blue), light striped purple, brown & cream striped, jade..
They do not eat plants, they do not populate and run a muk.. you need a male and a female to breed and you can see the eggs above the water line and get rid of them if you don't want them. Just a thought.

i love my guppies. Just like bettas, they are bred with the bright colors. A betta would not be a good idea in your tank though with the gourami's.

here is a pic of some of the fancy guppies i have bred. they have a body like an endler but are all guppy. i am not sure why it goes like that. but i love the colour of them.
img_665486_0_194688478183f3cb6d0e4d3d202ad073.jpg

i got about 20 more like him lol want some? i cant get rid of the stupid things. they just wont stop doin it lol.

lol I'd love to have some, but I think my catfish might snack on the fry

Besides, kind of a long trip from ON to GA, no? ^_^

Back
Top Bottom