The move from a 20 gal to a 55 gal.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nekkoriv

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am moving the fish from my 20 gal to my new 55 gal. I ordered the filter yesterday, and I am going to start cycling as soon as I get the fish. Because I am not keeping the 20 gal, I thought adding the gravel, filter media, water, decor, and plants from the 20 gal would basically give it enough Beneficial bacteria to hold the fish I have now (Bolivian Ram 2 inches, rainbow shark 3.25 inches, and 4 phantom tetras inch each). It really is a small bio load for a 55 gallon. I plan on adding more fish after the 5 has been set up for about a month. So I went on the internet and did some searching, and I found an article that says that if I move everything from the 20 gallon I should be good. (I'm also going to add start zyme).
I am thinking once I get the 55-70 gal filter I should be good to go. And I'll keep both filters running for about 2 weeks. Should this work? Can I really move my fish to their bigger home so soon if I do it this way? Will this be very stressful for my fish?
Thank you for your time and advice, my fish and I appreciate it greatly.

Source: Upgrading to a Larger Aquarium - The First Tank Guide - Moving Your Fish to a Healthier and Larger Home

Back
Top Bottom