The new habitat has arrived :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jaybird

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Our 90 gallon tank has finally arrived.

The first picture is the stand, tank, and driftwood, but no water. The second is after the python saved an entire evening of buckets :)

New small-sized gravel was put in with some rocks in the corner (two limestone pieces to help with ph and buffer), some plants and the filter from the other aquarium. It should cycle nice and fast so it can be populated quickly.

Once it is cycled, and my current fish are transported, the fun will begin. More fish :twisted:

Attachments

• img_2914_763.jpg
    img_2914_763.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 64
  • img_2913_184.jpg
    img_2913_184.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 95
Thanks. I bought myself a python and am very happy about that. I shuddered when I thought of filling that thing, or pwcs, using my 3g bucket.

I've got plants in now and the filter from the HOB on the 30G tank as well as some decorations from the 30G.

Soon I'll move my keyholes and bolivians over. I'm looking to see about adding some mid-sized cichlids too, but am still not sure what.

Congratulations on the new tank. It's a beauty! Can't wait for pics after it has been cycled and you add your fish.

Love the stand and tank , I've been thanking of buying one almost just like that one. Still need to get room for another one thou. LOL For the mid-sied Cichlids I'd go with Apistogramma's small colorful active giving you loads to whatch and will give you some frys down the raod.

Well, we now have an odd mix of some bolivian rams, keyhole cichlids, mollies, clown loaches and firemouths. Yeah, there are a few fights, but nothing serious. Everyone seems pretty happy, so far.

Attachments

• populatedtank_147.jpg
    populatedtank_147.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 79
  • bolivian_204.jpg
    bolivian_204.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom