Thermos Trading

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Instead, why not super glue or rubber band the rock to a piece of styrofoam so that it stays under water the whole time as well as performs as a cushion..
I totally agree that this would be the method of "choice" on some of the more delicate shippers (capnella, leathers, etc.).

If you don't have Chaeto. (I won't have any soon, if mine continues to refuse to grow :roll: ), then shredded plastic strips in the water work well as a cushion also.

Now, if I could just find a cheap plastic source, and an easy way to shred it. :)

using the shreeded plastic and then putting enough tank water to keep the corals 'damp' is how i have heard many of the 'experts' ship corals. Apparnelty you can get better resutls shipping some corals via this damp method than you can via the underwater method.
FF - I received a large shipment of sps frags a few months back using this method. IMO, it was awesome - shipping weight was very little, and the coral did absolutely fine. This was via overnight shipping, though. Also, AFAIK, this is only done with sps.

Back
Top Bottom