they sell fish online!!???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
they been doing it for years. live aquaria has a good DOA policy with a large selection but they tend to be on the pricey side. i would check out aquabid.com. there are tons of sites that sell fish plants inverts basically anything you would want to put in your tank.

a question to ask your self is how do you think they get to the lfs?

when asking about transported / packed are you asking about live aquria or over all?

well i can tell you how i pack fish. there different ways to do them. i normally ship smaller fish mostly for the planted aquariums. depending on the fish it might be different.

i dont feed the day before. i do a water change the day before to make sure they are being sent out in clean water. since i send smaller fish i use mostly 2mm 4x16 poly bags. i use 1/3 water and 2/3 o2. almost everyone who ships fish on some kind of regulator bases will use o2. in the winter i use foam and heat packs. in the summer ill use newspaper or foam depending on some factors. shipping for me is done mostly though usps. some people use fedex and sometimes ups. most packages i send out tend to be sent priority. there is a risk that way since a normal box takes 2-3 days some times longer. when i ship its all what the buyer wants and many are not willing to spend the extra money for express which tends to be next day. more expensive fish or sensitive fish should always be sent next day or air port to air port but the prices go up for that. some fish ship better then others.

if you cant get them local i would check out like aquabid or something. the smaller breeders or resalers from my experience tend to have better stock. this is generally speaking.

I'll echo MG's comments. Shipping fish is not really that difficult. I've ordered from many different online sources and sent fish all over the Country without issue.

i have shipped a lot of fish. right now i am not really doing it because i am trying to change my fish room changed around. i breed fish and i also buy fish from over seas i cant local since i like uncommon fish. i dont ship during the winter and now that its finally warming up i am working on my fish room.

It seems like a pretty nasty thing but like mgamer said...how do you think fish get to the fish store. Never thought of it that was though. Good point.

Back
Top Bottom