Thick green algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Riley

Aquarium Advice Freak
Was gone for almost a week for work and i left my parents to tend to my tank ( they refused to do water changes and i didnt expect them too) i came home and i have a very thick algae on my back glass? I took my mag float to it but stoped after i saw how thick it was.. Any ideas?

Attachments

• image-642671654.jpg
    image-642671654.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 140
Your lights were obviously left on for quite a long time, or atleast longer than they normally would be. I have algae growing on the back/sides of my tank, but it isn't thick...still hard to scrub off though. If you have a skimmer you could just scrub it off and let the skimmer do its thing.

Hi.
I've had this problem before to. When I started sw I had a huge break out of ick and brown diatom. (also know as the dreaded brown algae) I would clean and clean and clean with my mag float but it just kept coming back. I found a filter know as a diatom filter. Which obviously kills diatom algae. It also killed all of the ick and green algae! I bought one from ThatPetPlace.com for $130 with free shipping! It is an amazing filter hooks up just like a canister filter. It will kill all parasites, ick, diatom algae, allfreeflaoting algea, all algea on tank walls, (excluding coralline algae) and the best part it will harm nothing in your tank. Great for fresh and salt water! Very good for new cycleing aquariums (which mine is) or well established aquariums. I highly recemend!

I put my lights on a timer. They go on and off at the same time everyday. I was just wondering if I'm the only one who does this because I see a lot of comments about lights being left on too long. Like I said, was just wondering.

Back
Top Bottom