Thinking of treating myself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squidward

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone ! I have a 75 fowlr thats been up for 1yr and 3mo. I have a couple of zoas, the light I have is a cheap t5 fixture with 4-56w florescent lamps and moonlight LEDs that don't work all of a sudden . I am going LED I hope to get some input on what's best. I will be doing soft corals ! All input is highly appreciated!

There was a post somewhere that had a heavy debate regarding LEDs and if they supplied the correct wavelength for light. If I were you, I'd check that one out.

Sniperhank said:
There was a post somewhere that had a heavy debate regarding LEDs and if they supplied the correct wavelength for light. If I were you, I'd check that one out.

Ok will do hope to find it !

I have a 80 gal with 2 marineland reef capable LEDs and frigin LOVE THEM !!! $400 for both Don't get me wrong the radion is sweet but I would still need 2 of them for that price I could buy a 220 gal new reef tank lol !!! Thin,sexy,shimmer,NO LOUD FANS,and awsome color best thing to ever happen to the reef I will never buy a lighting fixture with a fan in it again nothing like a silent tank

Smithcinema said:
I have a 80 gal with 2 marineland reef capable LEDs and frigin LOVE THEM !!! $400 for both Don't get me wrong the radion is sweet but I would still need 2 of them for that price I could buy a 220 gal new reef tank lol !!! Thin,sexy,shimmer,NO LOUD FANS,and awsome color best thing to ever happen to the reef I will never buy a lighting fixture with a fan in it again nothing like a silent tank

Lol yea I hear that ! I agree nothing like a quiet tank , are you led's double bright ? And how's that light for coral growth ?

No get the reef capable they are 1 watt each led they are amazing I put 2 on my tank so the output is great the Corals love it hey for the price if I wanted they are so thin I could fit 3 on my tank the only downfall is the blue lights are two strong for moonlights so I added a small moonlight I found on amazon and it's perfect

Radion ™ | EcoTech Marine

don't think you'd have an issue with these as these LEDs hit a full RGB spectrum of light, so mixing them will give you a full target on all colors, with their software you can even set different spectrums at different times of the day, just like the sun actually hits. its pretty impressive but also a little pricey. one 34 LED unit costs $750 from marinedepot

Gti_Leo said:
Radion ™ | EcoTech Marine

don't think you'd have an issue with these as these LEDs hit a full RGB spectrum of light, so mixing them will give you a full target on all colors, with their software you can even set different spectrums at different times of the day, just like the sun actually hits. its pretty impressive but also a little pricey. one 34 LED unit costs $750 from marinedepot

Very impressing but the price Is heavy ! I think I will go have a look at those marineland LEDs , I wanted to see how they do with some corals (soft mostly ) , and do you think I can keep a bubble anenome with it ?

indeed they are, i want to do a 48"x36" build which would require me to have 4 of those :S i'm doing to be trying to build something with a similar spectrum using a DIY kit from rapid LED

squidward said:
Very impressing but the price Is heavy ! I think I will go have a look at those marineland LEDs , I wanted to see how they do with some corals (soft mostly ) , and do you think I can keep a bubble anenome with it ?

I have 3 AI Sol's, (which just came down in price last month), my coral and RBTA love them. Got two Sps frags that are already growing, been in there about 4 weeks.

They are very powerful lights, you have to start out at lower intensity and work your way up. I have had them for 7 months and up to about 80% intensity at maximum. Also they have fans built in but I have never heard them, ever. They do a moon cycle and thunderstorms if you want. Their customer service is top notch.

Back
Top Bottom