Thinking of trying my hand at Saltwater.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
maybe rabbit fish

or yes were back to our worm

a big giant Bristol worm

I just 86ed 2 big 6 inchers

added them to my trout bait

There is definitely something killing my hermits. The population is dwindling. Today I found my really big hermit dead, looked ripped in half. What could be doing this??!!

Do you still have that really big hermit? Or any big hermits? They do sometimes go rogue and kill other hermits.

Do you still have that really big hermit? Or any big hermits? They do sometimes go rogue and kill other hermits.

That was the really big one, lol, that's why I'm so surprised! I blamed all the murders on him.... Is it even possible my rabbitfish could kill it?

That was the really big one, lol, that's why I'm so surprised! I blamed all the murders on him.... Is it even possible my rabbitfish could kill it?

that's just a guess but don't see why it couldn't

you think maybe there's a mantis hiding in the rocks
the way things just disappear or are ripped apart kind of points that direction
any loud clicks lately

just thinking out loud :D

that's just a guess but don't see why it couldn't

you think maybe there's a mantis hiding in the rocks
the way things just disappear or are ripped apart kind of points that direction
any loud clicks lately

just thinking out loud :D

I was thinking mantis also

Do Bristol worms eat dead fish? Also do these mantis shrimp eat shrimp, I hear a clicking in my tank at night and unsure if its my heater or not. Only thing dissapearing is snails. And a dead bodie I researched them and they r pretty scary.

Do Bristol worms eat dead fish? Also do these mantis shrimp eat shrimp, I hear a clicking in my tank at night and unsure if its my heater or not. Only thing dissapearing is snails. And a dead bodie I researched them and they r pretty scary.

I do believe bristles graze on dead things, that's how I noticed my giant hermit was dead, all the worms were coming out around it. I don't really know where the culprit is hiding... I've taken the tank down and reset it up twice in the last year and haven't seen anything abnormal!?

Last edited:
Jess you need video surveillance
that way you can catch your culprit :D

Bahaha!! I do! I should get one if them go pro cameras I think they are called. I'm seriously wondering where that darn parrotfish went! I started with 18 hermits & I'm down to 4 :/ my snails are starting to come up missing too... My tank is full of empty shells!

Last edited:
I'm glad the rabbit fish looks better! Maybe he just had some sand or micro bubbles on him. :) and I don't think your reef is sad at all! It looks good and has so much potential!

I agree that it's not sad at all!! You've had some rough spots lately, but our tanks are a work in progress. They're never perfect and done, are they? :) Good news about the rabbitfish.

Thank you all :) it's just really bare lol. Anybody remember those mystery corals I had that were almost dead? Well I was able to bring them back! Check em out! Oh, and what's up with this mushroom? Could it be splitting???

Attachments

• image-2289741945.jpg
    image-2289741945.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 82
  • image-2664963861.jpg
    image-2664963861.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 94
  • image-159758621.jpg
    image-159758621.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 113
Thank you all :) it's just really bare lol. Anybody remember those mystery corals I had that were almost dead? Well I was able to bring them back! Check em out! Oh, and what's up with this mushroom? Could it be splitting???

Those are pretty palys! So glad they came back for you!

Back
Top Bottom