Third times the charm... BNP Guarding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was doing a pwc on my 55 gallon yesterday and noticed my male BNP guarding again. I didn't get too excited since the last two batches of eggs he got lazy with and took "breaks" from. They ended up rotting.

BUT!

I looked a little closer cause I noticed some movement... And success! I have between 50-75 Bristlenose Pleco fry! They are a little smaller than a quarter inch and are JUST starting to lose their little food sacks. I moved them all to a breeder net for the time being, making sure to add a mix of fake and live plants for cover, and a bunch of small pieces of driftwood.

Im not sure whether I should keep them in the breeder net for now, move them over to a soon to be empty, bare bottomed five gallon tank, or start up my twenty tall tank. It has a crack at the top, but I am able to fill it up at least half way, so that would be 10-15 gallons instead of just 5.

Any advice to keep them going?

I would separate because if it fits in the mouth, it will be eaten. I'd use the 20 and use a sponge filter

Congrats! Hope it all goes well for you. I found some BNP fry in one of my tanks little over a week ago. Just a warning that they poop.... A LOT, so the bigger the tank you can get them in the better IMO. I've got 20-30 with Ma and Pa in a 26g and have to vacuum every second day.

Back
Top Bottom