Thoughts on green killing machine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ctachiera

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! I recently purchased the larger green killing machine, and have just started running it in my 55 gallon aquarium. Anyone experienced with this UV sterilizer? I've got a limited window to return it, and really should have checked here first. Pros? Cons?

I'm not familiar with that one... what's it's specs? (watts / flow / internal or external)

If you're using it to kill of an existing bloom make sure you add an air stone... the likked and decaying algae will lower the oxygen levels in the water.

I used one for a while, the huge issue I had with it was that it uses a proprietary replacement bulb, so you'll be buying the entire plastic unit in 6-12 months or whenever it goes out. The one I run on my pond is an inline one similar to a turbo twist model but made by oddysea, seems to be OK but haven't checked on it in a while. It does have an easily replaceable bulb which is nice. Topdogsellers on ebay.

Back
Top Bottom