Three common fish you haven't kept!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've always wanted a Mesonauta festivus (Festivum), Hypselecara temporalis (Chocolate) and a Cichlasoma festae (true Red Terror)
The Festivum I have gone to buy but always ended up with something else. The other 2 I just don't have a big enough tank for.
Hope these qualify as common. They are to me.

Nice list Mike! Festivums are a little weird to me for some reason though

Jesse

Nice list Mike! Festivums are a little weird to me for some reason though

Jesse

I agree but I think that is what makes me want one. Most you see in the lfs are still small. My lfs had a few that were rehomes that were pushing 7" and we're cool looking.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They have a weird look like they're a gourami/discus/new world cichlid cross or something. Can't put my finger on it exactly. Beautiful fish regardless.

Jesse

Gouramis, Cichlids, Guppies/mollies...

Just never cared for them tbh...

Tiger barbs or variant of Tiger barb (green, albino).
Angelfish
Silver Dollar
Anything painted or dyed

Oh crap, this is actually pretty hard for me. I've really run the gauntlet. I can't even say angelfish anymore.

Well, I guess Oscars are common, and I've never kept one of those.

Almost all species of gourami, actually! I got turned off by getting too many dwarfs with DGIV and haven't had any species since I was like 11.

Swordtails- yeah, never had these for some reason.

I've already added my 3, but I'm kinda curious as to what the community considers common? So far I've noticed one's that popped up are;

Most tetras (I.e neons and cardinals)
Gouramis
Livebearers
Angelfish
Oscars
Danios/rasboras
Barbs
Plecos
Corydoras
Mollies
Loaches
Hatchets
Bettas
Rams

For some reason I don't really see rainbows as very common. Kinda like a weird middle of the road between common and uncommon

I've already added my 3, but I'm kinda curious as to what the community considers common? So far I've noticed one's that popped up are;

Most tetras (I.e neons and cardinals)
Gouramis
Livebearers
Angelfish
Oscars
Danios/rasboras
Barbs
Plecos
Corydoras
Mollies
Loaches
Hatchets
Bettas
Rams

For some reason I don't really see rainbows as very common. Kinda like a weird middle of the road between common and uncommon

Yeah, this came up. It's pretty open. My idea was what is common for you.

Back
Top Bottom